Season 2 episode 11; Judge, Jury, Executioner

Start from the beginning

Before I would walk any further Carl stopped and tugged on my hand. I stopped and looked at his hand then to him "what's up?" I asked "you said you'd teach me how to defend myself with a knife a few weeks back, when do we do that?" He asked "why don't we do that now?" He smiled "yes!" He shouts.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We stand in the clear field "alright Carl, here's a branch-" I cut a pattern into one sides of the branch (diagonal lines like small X's) whilst leaving the other half empty "now Carl, using a knife seems easy but it can also easily become dangerous for the holder." I handed him the branch "it's a stick-" "pretend, just until I can actually give you one of my knifes" I said holding one of mine before putting it back. I grab a branch "alright, hold it firm. Don't ever let it hang loosely, it'll slip and you'll cut yourself. If the knife was covered in walker blood then you would easily turn, after using the knife you clean it, okay?" Carl nods "now you wanna get in a position that you'd be ready to move anywhere in" I moved slightly "it can be subtle or if you wanna be dramatic like a comic superhero-" I posed like one of the hero's "it'll be over the top." I stand back normally "now, the way you hold the knife dictates how the person is gonna attack or how you'll stab." I bend my arm slightly "like this I can stab a walker that's behind me, wouldn't recommend doing it without looking. Holding the bald downwards for a crawler, upwards is just in general.-" Carl cut me off "when are we gonna get to the good stuff?" He asked "fine." I ran up to him and tackled him to the ground holding the non patterned side of the branch to his face "your dead" Carl looked shocked and angry "what?! You gave me no warning!" He said as I got off of him and helped him up "there are no warning to fights or battle Carl" I laugh "now-" all of a sudden he pressed the branch into my neck. I look down at it "wrong side, you're stabbing your hand car." I gestured to his hand, he looked down "no I'm-" I grabbed his elbow and pushed the knife away from me before I tripped him "never let your enemies trick you" I laughed "darn it." Carl mumbled.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We kept going at it until he pinned me down 10 times in a row, he used different tactics. I smiled as he held the branch to my cheek "nice job Car." He smiled back "did I win?" He asked "for the tenth time in a row." He cheered as he stood up. I propped myself on my elbows still lying on the ground slightly "let's go to the others-" I stand up but Carl got in my way before I could walk "what- ohhh right! Almost forgot!" I said laughing. I grab out the knife that had my name carved onto it. I held my index finger up as for a second before grabbing out another one of my knifes and carving Carl's name onto it "and this." I grab the pocket watch with my initials and take it off of my neck before wrapping it around the handle of the knife "what's this for?" He asked opening it "just in case if we ever get lost or far away from each other for long periods of time, we'll never forget each other." I said holding out the on with his initials "oh" he smiled "thanks n/n" he said looking at the watch "anything for you Carl." I smiled at him before I walked to the others, Carl joined us a few minutes later.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I stared at my bow 'wooden.. I could carve patterns..' I thought as I got out my pencil. Cake left somewhere as I continued drawing some lines. I managed to have hidden my name in the design, only when you to in horizontal is when you can see it. Now both my bow and arrows were branded by me. I got out my knife and started carving slowly and shallow. From behind me I heard Dale walking over "your on the side of saving the kids life, right?" Dale asked "I'm not sure anymore, the way Daryl had said it then the way he said it. It made it seem like Lala land as he tried to get Carl to untie him but when faced with an adult he made it seem like a horror movie." I explained "nobody-" I cut Dale off "he's two tongued." I got up "so you've decided to kill him?" I shook my head "I'm away from this discussion." I put the bow on me and my knife in its pocket before I left.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^