Chapter 2: Introductions

The raven-haired boy who had scolded me was the first one I'd spoken to. He said, rather loudly, his name was Kiyotaka Ishimaru, and something about beliefs. It sounded rather tacky, so I refused to listen any further.

From what I knew about him, he went to a famous private school and won top honours every year. He's basically a flawless honour student. He's also known for the work he's done with his community's Public Morals Committee. They say he respects the rules above all else, earning him the title of Ultimate Moral Compass.

I then spoke to a girl with dark purple hair, glasses and braided pigtails. She was very awkward to be around, and she spoke far too quietly.

"N-not that y-y-you'll r-remember my n-name anyway, but..." She took a moment. Breathed in, then back out again, and said, "I'm T-Toko... Toko Fukawa."

She wrote a novel when she was ten that got everyone all exited when she launched her literary career. A few years ago, she released "So Lingers the Ocean," a love story said to be a masterpiece. The book was such a hit with women that fishermen quickly shot up to the top of every "Hottest Men" poll.

Despite her age, she's won countless literary prizes and all her books are instant best-sellers. This is why she has come to be known as the Ultimate Writing Prodigy, which makes sense, because what else would you call her?

"..."

"I knew it, you're undressing me with your eyes, aren't you?!" That was a heavy claim, all I did was stare off into space wondering what I could do next. By this point, the lilac-haired beauty had entered the room, probably making sure there were no more stragglers.

I decided against speaking to her straight away, it's probably better to let her speak to us. The blue-haired girl in a sailor uniform smiled and walked over to me. "Hi, I'm Sayaka Maizono. I look forward to getting to know you!"

Sayaka Maizono. When I saw, she was coming to Hopes Peak High, I wasn't all that surprised. She is in a pop band that became extremely popular after their debut. The school probably paid millions to the agency just to get her here. The band she debuted with was only successful while she was there, having lost millions of fans after she announced she was starting school again. This earned her the title Ultimate Idol.

She left right after introducing herself, not seeming to care about anything other than her own time. 'That girl's a sharp one. I've got to watch myself around her.' It didn't take long for me to find myself in front of a rather tall, punk-like redhead.

"Yo! The name's Leon Kuwata. What's up?" He greeted me casually. If anything stuck out to me, it was his name. He was the clean-up hitter for the national high school level team. Truly the Ultimate Baseball Star. I didn't expect him to be so... manly.

"Are you okay, you're staring into no-where?" I snap back to reality, not wanting to seem stranger than I already do.

"Yeah, just had to think where I'd heard that name." I hope he'll buy my excuse, whether it's petty or not, because it wasn't wrong. He seemed to sigh; probably happy I wasn't some kind of crazy fan. I imagine he has enough problems with them already.

"Alright, it's rather refreshing to not be recognised every now and again. Anyway, I'm going to go look around. See who else is here, you know?" So, I hit the nail on the head. I was right. He was happy people didn't recognise him. I was fine with him leaving too; it meant I could explore who else was here as well.

That was when the strawberry blonde girl that defended him earlier popped up. She made a V-sign with her fingers then spoke up. "Hi, I'm Junko Enoshima. Charmed, I'm sure!" She beamed at me, and my face quickly reddened. "Y- You're really pretty." I muttered meekly. She seemed to light up at this, like she lived on the praise others gave her. "Aw, thanks! You're not too bad yourself, might I say!" Junko compliments me, making my face heat up more.

Junko Enoshima... Anyone would recognise her; she has more charm and presence than any high school girl in the country. She's the Ultimate Fashionista after all. I've seen her on tons of magazine covers but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Eventually, I made my way over to the lilac haired girl that came in last. She didn't say anything immediately, she stood there. Silent. 'Glad there's someone like me here, and not all giddy like the rest of them.'

Eventually, I cleared my throat. "What's your name?" She seemed rather shocked that I'd chosen to address her directly. She did seem to relax rather quickly, however. "My name is Kyoko. Kyoko Kirigiri." Her voice was eloquent, like she was speaking to a member of the royal family. I also realised she didn't tell me her talent, and she wasn't someone I'd had the privilege of seeing on the internet either. She didn't look like she would tell me it at any point in the near future, and I didn't want to know. It would disrupt the enigmatic aura she emitted.

Lastly, I spoke to the blonde, rich, spoiled looking guy that wore glasses and had the stare from hell. One glance and you could be quaking. His presence demanded respect. It seemed Kirigiri and this guy might get along well with each other. He scoffed before speaking, "The name's Byakuya Togami, heir to the Togami conglomerate. Better remember it." He turned away and waltzed over to Fukawa.

So, this was Byakuya Togami. The stereotypical rich, snobby brat. So much so, he became known as the Ultimate Affluent Progeny. The calmness he instilled upon the place soon broke as a small dual chromatic bear emerged from the podium atop the stage.

"And I'm Monokuma!!!" He screamed, probably trying to get us all to listen to him.