[6] Tears Don't Fall

Start from the beginning

"I don't care. Oh, Maci, I want you to meet Dana's daddy and also my fiancé, Dylan."

"Hi, Dylan. Nice to meet you," I replied to him.

"Nice to meet you too. . ."

"Maci."

"Maci," he finished.

I smiled at him and that's when Zelda ran into me. "Bye, Momma. I love you," she replied to me.

"I love you too, baby. I hope you have a good day at school," I replied to her.

"Okay, Momma. Bye, Jaden."

"Bye, kiddo. Have a good day at school," he replied to Zelda.

"Okay. Thank you."

I gave Zelda a kiss on her forehead and then she ran back into the classroom to join all her classmates for circle time. Dana did the same with Dylan and Roxanne and then she went in the classroom to join the classmates for circle time. We walked out to our cars. "Well, Maci, I need to go drop Dylan off at his school and then I'll be at school."

"Roxanne, you can ride with us. If you want," I replied.

"Really?" she asked, giving me a curious look.

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

Her and Dylan said goodbye and then she got in the backseat of our car. Jaden and I said, "Goodbye, Dylan. It was nice meeting you."

"You too."

When we got to school, we all got out and went to our lockers. After we had our stuff, we split up for our first morning period.

After Chemistry, I went to Language Arts. After Russian language, I went to lunch. At lunch, Roxie, Kayla, and Kasheka sat with us. This time, Kasheka's boyfriend, Levi Fillmore, also sat with us. "So, Kasheka, what's your project for History?" I asked, looking at her.

"I have to do research on the Atlanta Battle," she answered.

"Wow."

"What's yours?" she asked.

"I have to do research on the Gettysburg Address," I answered.

"Cool."

[Jason's POV: (A/N: I thought I'd put in his point of view just so y'all can get a feel of how mean he is and stuff)]

I've been behind these damn bars for a damn while. 'When the hell are the officers going to set me free? I mean it's not like I was going to kill Maci or Zelda. Besides, who the hell is Zelda? I mean, I doubt she could be my daughter; even though she looks exactly like me. Same color eyes (the whole right one being bottle green and the left one being sky blue), same skin tone, same nose shape, same mouth shape, same ear shape, same face shape, same body figure. Everything like me, except my laugh and smile. She has. . . Oh my God, she is my daughter. But how come Maci didn't tell me about my daughter five years ago? Does she not want me to be a part of Zelda's life, when Zelda is my own daughter? This is all a big catastrophe.'

That's when a pair of officers came up to my cell. "Jason, you are free to go."

"Who got me out?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

"I did." Maci came into view with two people behind her.

"Maci, you did? But why?" I asked her.

"We'll talk about it when we get back to my house. Now come on, before I change my mind."

"Okay."

I rode back to her house with her and the two people that were with her. When we got to her house, the little kid, whom I'm guessing is Zelda, ran inside and I had to sit on the porch swing with Maci. "Jaden, can you please give me a few minutes to talk with Jason privately?"