Abnormals Everywhere

This is a lil blurb of Levi's thoughts during one of my many favorite LeviHan moments and the moment that made me realize how perfect these two are together! I hope you enjoy <3

The sun was shining, and it was the morning of our latest expedition. There was a crowd cheering our departure in the Trost district, and quite frankly; The people drove me absolutely nuts. We were doing what we had to do to protect the lives inside the walls- including our own.... So why cheer us on for doing our job?

"Look, it's captain Levi! They say he's like an entire brigade to himself!" An onlooker called out.

"Please, spare me." I muttered, not paying any mind to whether or not I could be heard.

"Oof, That scowl will crush your fans... not that it's any of your business, but from a public relations standpoint, you might wanna lighten up." Section commander Hange Zoe chimed in suddenly. They always poked and teased me for whatever they found amusing at the time, yet I always end up in formation alongside them without complaints. You see, Hange was a freak. They were obsessed with the very creatures we sought out to kill... begging Commander Erwin Smith to go out on titan capture missions at least once a month. This made any expeditions outside the walls interesting to say the least. Their loud, energetic voice boomed through the crowd as we approached the gates.

"Hello, the threshold of Titania! Can't you just envision the horrors in store for us comrades? I'm on pins and needles! We bag an abnormal titan, and I'll burst into tears of joy!" Hange rejoiced in excitement to the extent I thought they'd fall off of their horse.

"We've got the craziest abnormal already" I said in a sarcastic tone, completely missed by the frantic abnormal in front of me. When I first joined the scouts, I quickly grew tired of their obsessive antics, angered at the fact that they seemed to love these things that constantly slain his comrades; his friends. When in fact, it was not a mockery on their part; they were genuinely curious about the existence of these beasts. For some reason, after a while it began to intrigue me almost as much as it irritated me.

"REALLY?! Where?" They started looking around, moving frantically as if to miss the sighting. Their long disheveled ponytail on the back of their head flowed through the wind, gently whipping with Hange's frantic movements.

Before I could think about it, I placed my hand on their head and turned their head to meet my gaze, "i mean you." I said to them with a straight face. I felt my heart gently flutter as I looked at them, their eyes twinkled in the sunlight, their cheeks flushed. Their hair was soft as it intertwined in my fingers. I ruffled their hair slightly before I released my grip, trying to calm myself before I started blushing... what the hell was going on with me?

I know damn well what's wrong with me.... But how long will I continue to lie to myself? Until I do something reckless and out myself like a goddamn fool? Not a chance. I need to get a grip.

"Hey shitty glasses," I said over my shoulder, now slightly ahead of Hange, "watch your back out there, and don't do anything reckless out there." Hange gave me a thumbs up, and we resumed on our path through the now open gate.