4✦

•~•

Aleezeh leaned back causing Azhaar to scowl, at the deficit of her warmness.

Seeing his scowl, she said, "I have something for you"

"Really? What? A gift?" He got up from her lap and his eyes glowed like a 2-year-old kiddo.

She chuckled at him, "I'll be back," and she got up.

"But..." she was already near the car before he could say.

After a couple of minutes, she returned with a blue box surrounded by a white ribbon.

He peeked at her, then at the box and his eyes glimmered once again.

"What's inside it?" He asked again and again glancing at it.

"Umm... here you go?" before she could forward it to him, he gripped it from her and unwrapped the ribbon from the box.

The point he was about to open it, she said,

"But wait, let me tell you one thing. You might not like..."

"I am sure I am gonna love it! So let me see this shanti se, ok?"

He opened the box to catch a glimpse of a bracelet, colored steel with circles designed on it. Also, the letter 'A' was garnished on the side of it, enhancing the beauty of the bracelet. With parted lips, and eyes shining with happiness, he looked back at her.

"I know it doesn't give any rich vibes, but there is something I need to tell you," she said and he didn't say something.

"I bought this with my first salary," his eyes got enlarged more, yet she resumed, "I was 17, 5 years back when I started working in a small restaurant as a waitress. the salary was enough and I wanted to buy something for my parents and save some money to buy something for the person I could name my better half," halting for a moment, she took a resonant breathe, "I bought two shawls for my parents as it was the month of December but the day I got the gifts and went home was the day I got thrown out of my house," a tear escaped her eye and Azhaar wiped it as soon as she could feel it on her skin.

His jaw was clenched but when his eyes fell on the precious present gifted by her wife, his eyes softened and immediately took her in his arms hiding her face in the crook of his neck. 

"So I added a few more bucks with that money and bought this for you," she smiled, "Not so exp.."

"You think I needed an expensive gift? You have no idea how precious this gift is to me," Adam's apple moved as he spoke while she took a little bit of fabric off his t-shirt and gipped it tight.

Moving slightly in his arms, she put her gaze on him and said, "You really loved it?" and he gave a kiss on her forehead in response.

 She was blessed.

In the last few years of her life, she had to conquer the demons of her life and took her scars, and wounds as her biggest strength. Alone. The damage that has happened to Aleezeh's heart, was getting repaired now. 

Opening her eyes, she stared at the orbs that held nothing but adoration for her. He smiled and leaned down to her lips without breaking eye contact. She smiled, more like blushed before running to the edge of the bridge they were on. 

With her crossed arms on the railing, she took a profound breath, aspirating the unmistakably fine scent, known as petrichor. Which exhilarated her senses. 

She looked over her shoulder, as his chin was kept over it with his arms around her on the railing, not touching her, yet managed to give rise to the hairs of her body.