chapter ii. aligner les étoiles

Start from the beginning

"I am genuinely grateful to you for welcoming me here at Mondstadt. I simply couldn't face my master right now since she can read through my lies," Mona said to alleviate the tension between them.

"You are always welcome, Mona. In addition, I'd like to introduce you to some of my colleagues who might be able to assist you with your research." [Name] said. She wished to assist her in the greatest manner possible.

The crisp evening wind was exhaled by each of them. They all caught a breath of the enticing aroma of food emanating from within the gates.

Drooling, Paimon rubbed her stomach. "I could really use some Sticky Honey Roast after this, Paimon's stomach is grumbling like crazy."

Lumine stared at her companion in bewilderment. "How do you still have room for another heavy meal after you've already consumed half the menu at Wangshu Inn?"

The knight laughed at what the pair were discussing. "Never question Paimon's appetite. Why don't we all go to Good Hunter for dinner? It's on the house by yours truly."

Everyone cheered except Mona. Even after [Name] had done so much for her already, she still feel like she's a burden. The librarian noticed her uneasiness so she tried to lighten up Mona's mood.

"You know, Mona..." The [hair color] haired female said softly. Along with the wind's movement, her hair gently blew.

Mona marveled at how beautifully her skin beautifully glowed underneath the starry sky. I should just give her my proper thanks again later once she finishes her sentence. It must be something serious.

"Me bringing you to Mondstadt kind of reminds me about the hydro slime I brought just this afternoon," the librarian continued with a serious look on her face.

[Name] remembered what had happened today and bursted out giggling while Mona looked at her offendedly.

"Under what circumstances am I related to the hydro slime that you brought into Mondstadt?!"

After they had reached Mondstadt, they ascended the steps to the guild reception area, where Katheryne was standing motionless.

When Katheryne noticed the group approaching her, she waved to them. Katheryne said monotonously, "Ad astra abyssosque! Welcome to the Adventurers' Guild. How may I be of service to you today?"

The knight took the initiative to explain Mona's predicament to the guild's receptionist and inquire as to if any spare homes were available for her to stay in. She additionally stated that Mona is an astrologer who wishes to carry on her research at Mondstadt.

Katheryne nodded while resting her hand on her chin. "I see, I understand the situation." She paused for a while as if she were looking for information in her mind, then said, "There is a magic laboratory in Mondstadt that has been sealed by some unknown person. Although we have a few specialists who could break the seal, they all have their own labs and aren't that interested in the matter."

She momentarily shifted her focus to Mona before turning back to the female knight. Katheryne gave out directions to the magic laboratory saying, "I believe that if the astrologist you mentioned can break the seal, the owner of the house wouldn't mind if she stayed there."

The four of them waved at the female puppet and exclaimed their thanks. The proceeded to the unoccupied laboratory.

Shortly after, the assistant librarian heard a call from Huffman of the Knights of Favonious. "Miss [Name], Miss Lisa wishes to summon you right away in the headquarter's library," Huffman declared while putting his fist on his chest.

Her eyes eyes widened as she became aware that she had neglected to complete her task of sorting the brand-new Sumeru book collection. She'd definitely work another overtime shift at the headquarters.

"I sincerely apologize; I forgot I was still on duty and must leave soon. I'll leave some mora to Sara at Good Hunter so you can order your desired meal." [Name] said sadly and gave Lumine the instructions to the laboratory. "I wish you both a safe journey!"

She gave Mona a small wave before leaving. "I'll see you around, Mona. It was nice meeting you!" [Name] had planned to remain longer and get to know the hydro user better, but she had tasks to attend to first.

The female knight accelerated her movements till the now-trio could no longer see her in the distance.

"And off she goes. She is still as vibrant and kind-hearted as ever. She's treated us to a meal five times now!" Paimon exclaimed with joy.

Lumine chuckled and followed the path to their destination. On the other hand, Mona fixed her gaze on [Name]'s position. She had hoped that the female would stay longer, but she understood that she couldn't rid herself of her duties.

What a fascinating girl. I ought to have a look into her fate with my scryglass.