[ 14 ] These Tower Are Quite Tilted

Start from the beginning

"How did you end up here?"

Shadow made a 'hmm' sound effect as he glanced away from you. The hedgehog wasn't much of a talker, but seeing as you were probably going to be the only person in this crew with respectable company, he began to quietly oblige.

"Whatever that Memphis guy did when we encountered him at the Fabled Tilted Towers Cathedral with the strange purple aura." Shadow formed his hands into a shape as if holding an invisible sphere as a reference to Memphis's power. "It seemed to take us, me and the horny bat, to this god forsaken place." The hedgehog came to a stop as you two began to converse. "How did you get here with those- miscreants..."

You too stopped with him, putting your weight on one foot as you leaned comfortably on it. Your legs were also somewhat tired from walking across very unstable ground... "Eggman had some sort of device that trapped us. I think he called it the 'Turlet Portal'. We went to rescue my best friend, Elise. Sonic had to give up his chaos emerald, but of course the doctor didn't hold up his end of the deal."

Shadow would scoff and cross his arms in disgust and disappointment, "Of course that fake blue bastard is too stupid to know Eggman would pull something like that. Why didn't you intervene?"

You narrowed your eyes and slightly bared your teeth as Shadow questioned your decision making, "I wasn't going to risk Elise's life when she was being held captive like that."

Shadow was realistic, and deep down he knew you were right in a situation like that. Perhaps, he knew from experience... Shaking his head, he turned back to the horizon as Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails walked eerily close to the edge to look out across the torched landscape.

"These towers are quite tilted." Sonic would pridefully state, noting such an obvious fact while making a reference to the popular, hit game, Fortnite: Battle Royale.

"Yes, I tilted them myself."  Shadow would now step forwards, leaving your side, "See, we tried to make a game, a battle royale, but anyways-"

"-look at this! You did this? You ruined everything! This is all your fault?!" Tails would point at Shadow with frightened eyes. He was clearly afraid of Shadow's power now if the dark hedgehog could burn the world like this. But, you knew this wasn't Shadow's fault really.

But before you could speak in defense of the hedgehog, a much louder voice spun in Shadow's direction as he demanded, "Shadow! You- listen, you got any weed man? You know, since we're here."

It was Knuckles, and you quietly gasped at his request, narrowing your eyes but raising your eyebrows at the absolutely bizarre question.

"No?-" Shadow's response was a mix of concern and seriousness, genuine confusion that rivaled yours. He shrugged in that exact same level of confusion. "You're the only one who smokes weed here, Knuckles. Except for maybe Rouge... Rouge?"

The dark hedgehog would turn around to face his feminine companion, who looked away unconcerned. She didn't appear to have any in this strange circumstance, and then widened her eyes at Sonic, using her pink eyes to signal Sonic to talk to his friend, glancing to him and to Knuckles, back and forth, like those scenes in the movies when a character clearly doesn't get it.

"Oh!" Sonic clearly didn't get it either. He assumed that she was saying HE had the weed, and proceeded to widen his own emerald green eyes at her and narrowed his eyebrows.

"Speak for yourself motherfucker!"

Shadow and yourself would proceed to facepalm, your emotional state destroyed by the ignorance and stupidly of this supposed 'hero'. You would nod to Sonic and take the lead once again, trying to forget that sudden interruption on the devil's lettuce.

"Listen, that's not important right now..."

"Look!" Shadow chimed in, pointing right at Sonic as the hypothetical camera zoomed in very awkwardly right into the blue hedgehog.

"I'll point at you two also." Sonic would proceed to give a thumbs up, wiggling his eyebrow as you two boys pointed him out, as if the spotlight was on him.

Harmoniously and tired of this guy's bullshit, you both would agitatedly tell Sonic, "We're not in the sky dicknips...."

[]======[]
Ahhaaaaa It Begins

Chapter Length @1420 Words

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda