Chapter 1: It's Ms. Gray

Sarah's POV

Great. My first meeting with today's client and I'm already late. It's okay though. It's just Mickey. We met in a few mutual gatherings here and there. One time I rescued her from drowning in a pool. So I don't think I'm going to be in trouble. I spotted Michaela in the corner of the Pink Bean café. I took my helmet off once I'm satisfied with where my motorcycle is parked. She wore a burgundy coat and I can see the vein popping in her forehead all the way over here. Oh boy. She does not look happy. 

"Michaela, hi. I am so sorry I'm late." I offered my hand. She sat still. Not moving an inch. What? She's never been late before? "Ms. King, I'm a very busy woman. My time is precious. You are.." She tapped the screen of her phone that sits on the table with her long nude colored fingernails. A typical soon to be bride style. "Half an hour late and you just waltz in here like you didn't just waste my time."
"Mickey.."
"It's Ms. Gray"
Okay? I guess we're not as close as I thought we were. "Ms. Gray. I am deeply sorry. There was an emergency. But I'm here. We can talk about your wedding." That is, if you're still interested. "You realize that this is so unprofessional?"
"Yes, I understand."
"No. I don't think you do."
"Excuse me?"
"I run a business 24/7 and planning a wedding within 6 months. Every minute.." She's standing up. "Every second." And we're face to face. "Counts." She looks down on me. And although she's wearing some designer sunglasses, I can feel her eyes staring into my soul like she's ready to eat me alive. And holy cow. I've forgotten how tall she is. Her boots are only what, 2 inches? But wow, this woman is tall. Business woman? She could be a supermodel. Maybe even Wonder woman.. She wore that coat like it was made only for her. She's a millionaire. Maybe it was made only for her. And of course, she smells expensive as fuck. But not the kind that makes you gag. It's actually nice. I should ask her what it is. Not that I can afford it. I have 1 Channel cologne that I've been saving for the past 3 years.

"So um.."
"So you're fired."

"I can't lose any more clients. Specially this. This one's huge!" I stomped on my seat as soon as my best friend, who is now the owner of this very café handed me my iced coffee. "So, go after her and get her back." I looked outside the parking lot to see her silver rocking Tesla driving away. "I don't think that's possible. She's a little scary."
"She's not so bad." Mia took a sit across from me. Still wearing her apron. She insist on bartending even if she could just stay at home and run her business there. "Are you two close or something?"
"She comes in here every Friday for a cup of coffee. And then she goes to that flower shop across the street." She indicated with her chin. "Breathtaking Blooms? Isn't that where Ms. Elena resides?" She's the dean from the college we both went into. "Sort of. Her girlfriend owns the shop. They come in here almost everyday."
"Wow. You know everything that's been going on in this neighborhood, huh?" She leaned in close to me. "Lauren and I are kinda friends with them. Did you know that her girlfriend's ex is her son?" I almost choked on my coffee. "What??"
"You heard me. But they're good people. And they make each other happy." She looks at their shop longingly. "Speaking of being happy, are you ready to get your happy ending with Lauren?" She smiles as she rolls her eyes. "Please, let us pay for the party. It is our  wedding." I grabbed both her hands. "You are my best friend. And I want to give you your best day ever. It's a much better gift than a toaster." She laughs. "Fine. But seriously. Why are you even late this morning?" I relaxed back in the cushion with a sigh. "There was a.. a dog in the middle of the road earlier and.." Mia covered her mouth with both hands. "Is it dead? Please tell me it's not dead."
"It was limping and weak. I had to take him and bring him to the nearest vet clinic. Which is in a different direction when I googled it. I could just take him later after the meeting but that would take a while and he needs to be checked out immediately so I left him there and they said I could come back tomorrow."
"Oh, thank God. At least he's alive. You should've said that to Mickey."
"I don't think poor baby limping dog is gonna work on her. Wait. Pause. You call her Mickey?" "Everyone calls her Mickey."
"Except for me, apparently."
"Maybe she doesn't like you."
"You think?"