SIX. (nevermore freak in the wild)

Start from the beginning

    "who's that?" Lucas asked and I turned my attention back to him.

    "Wednesday Addams, new student at Nevermore," I told him and he nodded. The expresso machine was hissing and letting out steam which kept interrupting our conversation.

    I looked over at the hopeless boy, using some of my power to make the steam shoot up again. I squinted with concentration and ignored Lucas's complaints.

    Tyler leaned forward and it was making it too easy. I smirked as I shot up some more at his face. "Addy" Lucas let out, kicking my leg under the table and making me lose focus.

    "what the hell was that for?" I asked staring at the boy across from me.

    "you aren't supposed to be doing stuff like that" He warned and I rolled my eyes. "not like he doesn't deserve it" I shot back.

    I looked back over to the barista and noticed now that Wednesday was behind the counter and helping him. I let out a huff and turned back to Lucas.

    "I'll see you this weekend," I told him as I stood to leave. "yeah, sounds good" His eyes tracked over to the side and I turned, finding two of his pilgrim world buddies standing in the doorway.    

    I watched as they moved over to the table that Wednesday was now sitting at and stilled. "what is a Nevermore freak doing out in the wild?"

    "This is our booth"

    Lucas stood and I stayed by the door. "leave her alone douchebag" I called out and Lucas gave me a look.

    "Why are you three dressed like religious fanatics?" Wednesday asked.

    "we're pilgrims" One of the boys corrected.

    "potato, po-tah-to" Wednesday let out.

    Lucas reached forward, flipping the flyer on the table and sliding it to her. "we work at Pilgrim world" Wednesday grabbed the flyer and looked over it. I turned my attention to the counter and found Tyler already looking over.

    Wednesday made a comment that I hadn't quite picked up on but Lucas was fast to respond. "my dad owns Pilgrim World. Who are you calling stupid?"

    "if the buckled shoe fits" Wednesday cocked her head and I bit back my amusement. "guys back off" Tyler made his way over, pushing one of the boys out of the way.

    "stay out of this, Galpin" Lucas retorted, and Wednesday agreed.

    "wow, I am loving this" I leaned against the door frame and chuckled, reciting a dirty look from Tyler. Wednesday stood up and moved towards Lucas.

    Lucas and I had a complicated relationship. I hated normies, and he hated Nevermore students but our parents had forced the two of us together so often that we learned to deal with each other.

    It came with time that I learned it wasn't that he just hated Nevermore students but more that he just tried to fit in with his normie buddies so much that he felt the need to shame and shun any outcast.

    Wednesday stood directly in front of him. "so tell me, freak. You ever been with a normie?" I raised a brow at the comment, sure I understood some of the things he said but I was facing the fact I had never really seen him interact with an outcast other than me before.

    "I've never found one that could handle me" Wednesday stared into his eyes and everyone was still, waiting to see what would happen. "boo" She let out and Lucas moved back quickly.

    One of the boys grabbed onto Wednesday's shoulder and she kneed him in the groin. He tried to punch Wednesday who moved and the boy's punch instead hit Lucas in the nose.