3-I: Training Routine (Wyrm 7)

Start from the beginning

I am not to raise [Taboo] no matter what, the Appraisal description of the very Skill in question said so as much.

He then warned me of Ruler Skills, really powerful Skills based on the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues.

Heh, I remember catching Skanda-sama struggling to recall what the adjective is for the virtues, guess no one is perfect, and we laughed it off once I told him.

Anyway, tempting as their power is, acquiring them also raises [Taboo], so it's a no go.

In fact, before I even bought the four Skills, he told me to always consult him before making any purchases of my own.

An example Skanda-sama brought up was [Detection], a cheap but cursed Skill that will essentially lock the user out of using Magic until they can handle its negatives.

It would be bad if I bought that Skill without knowing its hidden downside, Skanda-sama speaks so from experiencing that himself.

Seriously, I am so glad to have someone with actual experience guiding me in this new world.

That said, it is still a really good Skill if you can use it, so Skanda-sama has been using the Heretic Spell [Discomfort] on me to raise my [Heresy Resistance] so that I will one day be able to use it.

From the name alone, it is obviously uncomfortable, to the point I feel so sick I fainted many times.

It has gotten a bit better as my [Heresy Resistance] and [Coma Resistance] grows but it is still my third least favourite part of my training routine.

Second place goes to the food, which consists of frogs, centipedes, bees, snakes and more disgusting creatures to help me build up various Resistance Skills.

They taste horrible and hurt a little to eat.

It didn't take long for me to miss the food from my old life dearly.

Skanda-sama even adds in little pieces of rocks for me to eat so I can get and build the [Rock Body] Skill.

At least I soon got the Title [Fowl Feeder] to help lessen the stomach ache.

But the fact that Skanda-sama pushes me to eat more even when I am full to build [Overeating] sucks.

It's a useful Skill, I won't deny that, but I feel like I am going to throw up from eating so much.

Skanda-sama promised me that he will catch a catfish from the Middle Stratum, saying it is one of the few Monsters here that actually taste good.

Problem is, they keep hiding in the magma where he can't do anything about it, so I have yet to be able to taste Skanda-sama's personal favourite food around here.

Speaking of the Middle Stratum, he would take me there from time to time to build up my [Fire Resistance].

It is so hot in there I thought I was going to melt into a pile just standing in there.

And Skanda-sama has the nerve to put his legs into the magma to build his [Fire Resistance].

He really wants [Inferno Nullification] so he can dive into the magma to nab those catfishes.

Skanda-sama is kind of insane, I am not going to sugarcoat that.

I mean, what he does make sense logically but to put yourself in that much pain is just literal torture.