Another day at the beach

Start from the beginning

"I know, I'm sorry baby I am. It's going to be okay sweetheart." She said as the child cried on her shoulder.

"And you know what, not every man is like your father, not every man will you treat you badly. There's always one man out of a million that is going to love and treat you the way you deserve and I want you to remember that." She said as she set Ruby down on her lap once they got to her room and sat on her bed.

"But I always want you to remember this. You should never let a man tell you what to feel, think, or say because you are your own person who is strong, talented, beautiful, and powerful. And you don't need a man to remind you of those things." She said. Ruby listened intently. 

"I love you mommy." She said as she laid her head on her mom's chest.

Her mom pouted and rubbed her back as she hugged her.

"I love you too sweetheart. More then you'll ever know." She said.

They then spent the night watching movies, eating popcorn, ice cream, pillow fights, basically like any chic flick sleepover ever.

End of flashback.

*Ruby's pov*

Austin shook me lightly, waking me from my daydream.

"You okay?" He asked her. I smiled and nodded even though I was in fact, not okay.

He pouted.

"Oh come on, it's going to take more than a fake smile and nod to get me to believe that nothing's bothering you babe." He said as he pulled me closer to him.

I sighed taking in his scent.

"I'm sorry, it's just very personal. Today's the anniversary of the day my dad walked out." I said as I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest.

"You can talk about it if you want, I'm not going to force you." He said as he sat next to me and put his arm around me.

I then explained what had happened the day he walked out.

He looked stunned.

"Wow. He really wished she was dead?" He asked. I nod.

"Mmhm. And he never apologized. And but ever since that night at Ray's, mom has been trying to get a restraining order because he keeps on showing up at her house with overly obsessive gifts. And he's been creating fake social media accounts to DM me asking if I want to go out for brunch or something." I said.

"Why haven't you answered?"

"Are you kidding? I'm not giving that man the time of day. Not again." I said. We sat there in a comfortable silence.

The doorbell then rang. I got up to see who it was when Ally walked downstairs with messy hair and her pajamas.

"I'll get it." She yawned.

Austin grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap.

"What's up!" Trish said as she and Dez walked into the room.

"Hey." I said as Dez jumped across the couch and she sat at the kitchen table.

"You guys ditched us last night, left me with this idiot." Trish said.

"Hey!" Dez defended.

Last night, we all went to the arcade and ate pizza, we basically just went out and did a bunch of fun stuff. But Ally's dad came and picked her up because he needed her at the store, and Austin and I got into our very first argument so we had to leave to cool off.