Chapter One - Family Secrets

Start from the beginning

The rangers came to a stop when they saw a rock-like nighlok and a plethora of moogers scaring away dozens of people.

"What do you think you're doing nightlok!" Jayden jeered, getting its attention easily.

"So you're the infamous 'rangers', let's see how you take my groundbreaking abilities!" with that, the monster's fists grew giant and it slammed them into the floor, causing the earth beneath them to quake and tremble.

The rangers shook and struggled to keep their balance, several of them woah'd and ah'd and they wobbled on their feet.

"Want another!?" the nighlok slammed a fist on the ground and the floor fissured, sending the rangers flying back.

Jayden stumbled to his feet and pulled out his samuraiser. "Not gonna beat us that easily cave-thing!" the others quickly followed suit.

"Samuraiser, go go samurai!" they drew out their kanji symbols and morphed.

"Bring it on! Nothing can crack Stalagfright! Moogers attack!" the monster, Stalagfright, gloated.

Most of the rangers took on the Moogers, while Jayden and Kevin fought the monster.  They used their spin-swords and weapons on him but they proved partly ineffective, only bothering him.

"Man, his skin is close to solid!" Kevin exclaimed after he and Jayden used their spin-swords together, with little payoff.

"Not just solid, but sharp too! Eat this, shard shot!" the rock on its body crystalised and crystal spikes shot out from its skin. The shards demorphed Jayden and Kevin.

"Jay, Kev!" Mike yelled as he and the other two approached.

"Ready for more? I'm gonna give you a real shard time!" his body grew new spikes slowly and he prepared to let them fly.

Emily thought fast and jumped in front of Mike and Mia. "Symbol power, wall!" a large stone structure appeared before them, shielding them from the oncoming attack. The wall collapsed moments later.

The monster however, was nowhere to be seen.

"What? Where did he go?!" Mia questioned, frustrated.

"Probably dried up and ran back home, good thing too, he had us on the ropes within minutes." Jayden explained as he accepted the hand from Mike to help him up.

"We should go back to Mentor Ji." Kevin suggested and the others nodded.

☔︎𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑☔︎

Brandon stood before the oversized gate, it bore the same distinctive crest as his photo. He awkwardly closed his hand and knocked it against the gate a few times.

After being left without a response, he knocked again, but still, nothing happened to indicate anyone was home.

"Guess we're doing this the hard way." he sighed softly.

He jumped as high as he could and wrapped his fingers over the top of the crest, then he dug his toes into the bottom of it. He hoisted himself a bit higher and placed his foot on the crest aside his left hand.