Chapter 2

Nash and I looked in the whole school but found not a single soul. We checked around again but then we both froze as we heard voices. They were coming from our classroom. We walked as quiet as a mouse and peeked inside as we saw all of our substitute teachers. We were suprised because we checked the whole building and didn't find them. We both looked at them again and then started to see all of them fade away. That was when we realized that we were stuck inside a haunted school. Nash and I walked away slowly but then a substitute teacher noticed us and looked normal like she wasn't fading away a minute ago. As soon as we knew it every single substitute teacher was looking at us. I whispered to Nash "What should we do." Nash answered very quickly and said "RUN!!!!!!!!" Once she said that I began to look for the nearest staircase and started to run. We both ran to the top floor with all the substitute teachers chasing us. All of them were so fast that I thought they would catch us in a second. I was so relieved when I saw an empty classroom. I ran into the classroom pulling Nash with me. We both ducked as all the substitutes passed us. We both stood up when the hallways were cleared. As I stood up I got so scared because I saw a boy who was our age. He also was kind of pale. As he noticed us he said hi in a friendly way. Nash and I were shocked because first we both knew he was a ghost and second he didn't try catch us. Just to make sure I said " Are you a ghost?" He said "Yes." I said "How come all the other ghosts are older than you?" He said "I came here with my mom because all of the ghosts and her want to claim this place theirs but I don't want to follow in her footsteps, I want to follow in my own." The last question I asked him was " What is your name?" And he responded " Alexander but you could call me Alex." When he said that he looked at Nash and smiled.