Chapter Two

"How much for this jar of honey, sweetie? I always forget." A regular asked while raising the raw honey my mom made not too long ago.

"Three dollars for you, Mrs Wilson." I called back, taking a couple pennies from the register before handing it to the customer I was helping. "Thank you for your service." I said, smiling as the uniformed men nodded at me before leaving.

On weekdays, I usually just helped my mom at her goods store in front of our section of land. She sold everything from honey, cookies, to knickknacks and magnets. I truly did have midwestern hippies for parents. Just with a southern twinge to it.

"Y/n!" I raised my head when I saw Vivian running full speed towards the stand. "Close the shop!"

"Absolutely not." My mom said, coming out of the shed with a crate of goods. I quickly walked up and grabbed it from her, noticing her struggling form. "Thank you sweetie— with the weather picking up, we're getting less customers than usual and we need all the money we can get right now."

Vivian smacked her lips as she shoved her phone into moms face. Mom didn't like that, obviously, and smacked it away. "Mother, oh my goodness, look at what it says. Read." Mom frowned, now smacking her lips as she lifted her reading glasses and leaned closer to read.

As I placed the mason jars on the shelves, I watched her mouth mumbled the words to herself before she pulled back, now turning to look at me. "What?" I questioned, shifting on my feet as I stopped shelving. She gently grabbed the phone and now walked to me, lifting it to be in my view.

It looked like an Instagram post or something. I wouldn't know, the only social media I had was YouTube. But looking at the likes on the post, I assume this account was well known.

My eyebrows raised, very much knowing who Harry was

My eyebrows raised, very much knowing who Harry was. I wouldn't say he was an inspiration of mine but I did admire his work. Both musically and personally.

"Don't click the link. That's extra. He was outside with some fans and they asked who he's been listening to and he said us! Apparently one of his band mates showed him our video on tiktok covering Beggin and he likes it."

"They cut Ny out of the picture." I mumbled, pointing at it with a chuckle. "She's gonna be-"

"..so pissed right now!" I looked over the phone as Nylah stormed into the shop, nearly blowing steam out of her ears. Ellie and Raine were trailing behind her, Raine trying to hold her laugh. "How are they gonna cut me out of a post? About us?!"

"They're haters." My mom said, looking at the phone with an eye roll. "I see you, baby."

"Thank you, mama." Nylah leaped onto the counter to sit down, huffing to herself.

Okay so, Harry styles likes our music. That's amazing, really amazing to be sure but he wasn't a producer as far as I know. Nor was he the ceo of a record label. This could be big for us but I also had to be realistic. I'm sure he's said his favorite restaurant at one point but didn't endorse or sponsor them.