- 10 -

"we're front page of the New York Sun, now what?" Albert asked, earning a few nods and hums in response.

Finch snatched Albert's cap from his head and whacked him with it. "now what? We's already front page news, people'r gonna know 'bout us now. What more do we need?" With an angry look, Albert grabbed it back and replaced it on his head.

"Albert's right, we got our 15 minutes of fame but then what?" Davey responded and looked around at everybody, who shrugged and gave confused looks. "exactly. A news story isn't enough, sorry Katherine," Katherine smiled at him for reassurance. "we need to ask for more. We need to spread our word and our voices! The newsies' voices!"

"yeah!" All the newsies cheered in unison.

Race stepped up and raised his hand. "uh, how do we do that?"

"why don't we hold a rally?" Katherine suggested with a wide grin on her face. "a city-wide one. Every newsie of New York could attend and everyone will get a say and their voices heard!"

"what's a rally?" Lilly wondered with wide eyes and Albert, who was sitting on top of a table, ruffled her hair, which resulted him in a stern glare. "what was that for?"

Albert shrugged and rested his elbow on her head. "ah I dunno, somethin' 'bout how ya said it." He winked and looked straight ahead at Davey. Although she wanted to know what he had meant, she ignored it as Davey answered her question.

"a public meeting where people support or protest something. In our case, we're protesting." Davey explained and she nodded in response.

"so..." Katherine looked around at all the newsies. "what do we say?" There was a brief pause before an eruption of cheers had elicited among the newsies.

Davey laughed in excitement. "yes! And we could ask Ms. Medda to use her theatre and- and we gotta let all the other boroughs know."

"and Jack!" Les piped in.

"Lilly," Davey addressed, in which she whipped around to face him. "you got Brooklyn?"

The Brooklyn girl scoffed. "what kind'a question is that?" This resulted in a few giggles and snickers. "'course I got Brooklyn. Come on, Red." She hopped off of the table that she was sitting on and made her way out of Jacobi's.

"m- me?" Albert asked in disbelief, pointing a finger to his chest.

She turned around and crossed her arms. "who else?" He hesitated, but he eventually got up and followed her out of the deli and to Brooklyn.

The walk was quiet but it was comfortable. It was peaceful. Even though it was July, there was a cool breeze blowing bringing the two newsies relief after the massive heat wave that took place the week before. Lilly's attention turned to a boat that was about to pass by from below the bridge to which she ran and leaned on the railing to watch. She went lower and lower with the boat until her entire body weight was shifted forward in which she started to fall. However, before she could even go past the railing, Albert had caught her just in time.

"ya tryin' ta get yourself killed?!" He scolded, his arms were around her waist as he embraced her tightly. He then helped her off of the railing and turned her around to face him, keeping his hands on her waist.