Chapter One - The Ghost

Yoongi returned home after a long day at the office. He was satisfied with everything he was able to accomplish, but he had been so busy and absorbed in his work, he never got to stop and eat his lunch. He had just snacked on the cheese and crackers his desk mate, Taehyung, was nice enough to share with him. He needed to eat, but not before a hot shower to ease the stiffness in his muscles. The magazine he worked for was working on a series of articles dedicated to the history of the oldest buildings in downtown Soeul and he had been assigned to research and write an article on three of them. He had enjoyed learning what he had uncovered during his research. He had even had a tour of the three buildings with an historian the week before. He had also been assigned to take pictures of the interior and outside of the buildings. Since photography was a passion of his, he had been very excited about the assignment.

He sat his lunch in the refrigerator and undressed by the hamper. He smiled when he felt the familiar touch of soft fur on his ankle. His black cat Luna welcomed him home by purring and walking figure eights in and around his ankles Yoongi reached down and scratched Luna behind the ear and Luna purred louder and leaned into his touch.

"Hey boy, did you miss me? Were you sleeping? Daddy will feed you after my shower."

Luna gave him a lick on the hand with his rough tongue and Yoongi headed towards the bathroom

Luna gave him a lick on the hand with his rough tongue and Yoongi headed towards the bathroom. He thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye in his bedroom, but figured he was just tired, and it had been his imagination. He shut the door to keep Luna out because he liked to claw at the shower curtain while Yoongi showered. He stood under the water when it was ready for a few minutes letting himself relax and enjoy the feeling of the water work itself into his muscles. He moved his head under the water and wet his hair and reached for the shampoo. He almost dropped the bottle when he heard something fall. He moved the shower curtain to look out and saw that his toothpaste had fallen into the sink. He laughed at himself for jumping and lathered the shampoo into his hair and scalp. He absorbed the smell of eucalyptus and tea tree oil and smiled at the relaxing scent. He put his head back under the flow of water and ran his fingers through his blonde hair to help rinse the shampoo out. He grabbed his bar of soap, scented lavender and lathered his body with it. He stood back under the water to rinse and realized he felt better already. His stiffness was gone.

"Thank goodness for a hot shower," he said out loud.

He reached for the knob to turn off the water and before he could, he heard what sounded like a knock on his bathroom door. He froze and his eyes widened. He stayed still to try and listen for any other sound. He slowly turned off the water and opened the shower curtain. The door was still shut, and he didn't hear anything else. He stepped out of the shower on the mat and quickly dried off his body and hair with his towel, never taking his eyes off the door. He wrapped the white towel around his waist and tucked it in to hold it in place. He walked up to the door and put his ear to it to listen for any noise and heard nothing. He took a deep breath and opened the door quickly and saw nothing. His heart was beating so fast. He didn't think the knock was his imagination and Luna couldn't knock. He grabbed a baseball bat from the corner of his bedroom and walked around his apartment and saw nothing or no one. He checked to see if his front door was still locked and didn't know what to think anymore. He called Luna and opened a can of cat food in his dish and Luna eagerly ate it.