Versus Miami - Part 2

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay somebody better explain what is happening." I said speed walking into the room. "How long have you guys known?"

"Like and hour maybe?" Mark answered me.

"Oh thank god." I sighed in relief. "If you said anything over a day I might have lost it. Okay give it to me straight, how bad is it?" Mark looked to Ryan who took a breath and said, 

"Like Miami, Florida bad."

"What!" I yelled. "Miami!"

"I'm gonna go tell Dane." Mark said just to get out of the room.

"Are you serious?" I asked while he nodded. "Why?" 

"Mom doesn't want us around the monsters anymore I guess." He explained sitting down on the couch in his room. "She's got this big audition with this famous chef that will move her to Miami if she gets the job. Mark and I are going to make sure she doesn't get it."

"You guys are going to mess up her audition?" I asked sitting down with him. 

"There aren't many other options to go with." he said.

"Are you sure its going to work?" I questioned.

"Being honest, I really hope so." He answered my question. 

"If it doesn't work maybe Leos made some more progress in figuring the whole thing out?" I suggested. "I know you're still not very excited about the whole thing but what are we supposed to do if your plan doesn't work?"

"We're going to figure something else out, it not just about the robot, Mark and I don't want to leave. Mark doesn't want to leave his friends or Georgia, I surely don't want to leave you, Harris or Spyder. It wouldn't be fair to you after you gave up South Carolina for me. I told my mom that but she it didn't change her mind." He explains to me. "Don't worry about it, we're gonna fix it okay?"

"You're sure?" I asked. He nodded to reassure me. "Okay, just let me know how it goes."

"Promise." He says resting a hand on mine. "Hey why don't you go with Harris, Spyder and Veracity? They are going over to the facility Grey attacked to see if they can find anything. Why don't you go with them, try to take your mind of off things?"

—————

I met up with the other outside the facility while the brothers followed their mom to her audition. 

"Harper was involved with this place?" Harris says after noticing a sign with his logo on it after we walked in the door. "Not good."

"You wanna go check this place out with me Kota?" Veracity asked. I nodded and said,

"Sure lets go."

"We'll be back." Veracity says walking away from them after playfully pushing Spyder's arm. After we we're far enough away from them I said to her,

"You know I saw that."

"Saw what." She asked.

"You shoving Spyder like that?" I answered.

"Oh come on." She laughed.

"Oh you come on!" I said back. "Have you told him yet?"

"No are you insane?" She asked. "Besides with Ryan and Mark possibly moving away, I don't think its a good time."

"Excuses." I said suspiciously. 

"Hey I didn't ask how you were taking that? Are you okay?" She asked.

"I guess, I didn't expect it? Like it was just very out of the blue you know?" I explained. "I don't know what's going to happen if the boys plan doesn't work, I mean sure the robot but at the same time for the two of us, like long distance is not exactly something I would look forward to."