Chapter Six

The next hour I watched as my parents settled into Mrs. Weems office. They have a bedroom to the side of the office and a small bathroom connected to that. I helped slightly carrying boxes from the car up to their room. Then I returned to my dorm.

"Xavier? What are you doing here?" I ask as I see him, Enid, and Ajax sitting in the center of the room.

"I am waiting for you." he says as he stands to meet me at the door.

"Well, here I am." I say flatly.

"What is wrong, Nes?" he says.

"Our new principal." I say and he nods.
"I thought that is how you would feel." he says.

"Wait you have met them?" Enid says."
"Yes... you have too. You were asleep when they came. But yes, I met them... in fact I have known them all my live." I say grimly. She gasps.

"Gomez, or Mortisha?" she asks.

"Does it matter... they are both horrid and are going to ruin the one good thing in my life." I say exasperated. Xavier grabs my hand.

"They are not going to ruin anything." He says softly. "I won't let them." I smile as he holds my cheek.

"I think that is the first time I have seen her smile." Ajax says. I look at him with a stone face.

"It does not happen often." I say and he smiles. "One more question." I say. He looks at me confused. "Nes? Where did that come from?" I ask. He smiles.

"Do you not like it?"

"That is not what I said. I just... no one has ever called me something like that." I say and he smiles wider his dimples showing. I smirk.

"Well... I am now." he says and my smirk grows to a smile." I hug him and he hugs me back setting his hands on my waist. I hear on knock on the door that causes all of us to jump.

"Hide!" Enid whispers to the boys. They both run back behind the wall next to my bed, and I sigh. The painting. I walk to the door and open it slowly. Once I see who is behind it I almsot scream.

"Hey Wednesday. Long time, no see." tyler says.

"Tyler? How? Why?" I stumble over my words.

"When my dad is the sheriff, it is pretty easy to get out of jail." he says slamming the door open. "Enid. How are you?" he says, and she whimpers.

"What do you want, Tyler?" I ask.

"I want you... I want us to go back to what we were before..."

"Before I discovered you a monster, that killed an innocent man, and put one of my friends in the hospital. Oh, Eugene is doing great by the way." I cut him off and cross my arms.

"Yes, before all of that." He starts walking toward me. "And before that dick, Xavier can get to you." he says. I am pressed against the window and look over to Ajax and Xavier in the corner. Ajax is holding Xavier back. I let a tear crawl across my cheek, and something switched in Ajax. He lets Xavier go.

"Hey, Timmy? How's life in the cell?" Xavier says. He looks madder than I have ever seen him before. I look at 'Thing' and he starts to scurry across the floor. He makes it to the door, and he is out of sight.

"Leave." Xavier says to Tyler. Tyler looks at me.

"Wow... you are worse than I thought." he says then smacks me across the face. I sigh, trying to hold back the tears. Morticia and Gomez appear at the door, and for once I am relieved to see them.

"Tyler Galpin. You are banned from these school grounds. You need to leave before I call security." my father says.

"Banned? Really?" he turns to them leaving me free to move. I scurry across the floor to Enid and sit on the ground next to her. She puts her head on my shoulder and I shakily sigh. "I thought that I would be accepted here now that I am not a normie. But I guess that is for the best. I will just have to take what I deserve and leave." he says turning back to me. Then Ajax yells: "Close your eyes." Me and Enid quickly shut our eyes and he removes his beanie letting his snakes do his bidding. Tyler stands frozen in our room. I open my eyes and sigh. I run around the statue of the man that I grew to hate, and collapse into Xavier's arms. He holds me and I can hear his heart pounding. I let the tears fall as I look at the stoned figure of my first kiss. I shake at the thought of him having his hands on me again.

"Tish, call someone to get the statue out." father says.

"You can sleep somewhere else tonight... it may take a while to get this thing out." he says. I sigh. Enid hugs Ajax. Xavier and Ajax start to thank father and mother but me and Enid stay silent. I walk silently hand in hand with Xavier to his room once mother and father leave.

"Nes, you are going to be okay. He is going back to the cell... and his father is not allowed to visit him or watch over him. He will not be able to get back out." he says lightly squeezing my hand. I look up at him and nod. I still feel his hand on my stomach as he pushed me against the window.

Xavier opens the door, and we walk inside. He moves to his closet and hands me a pair of black sweats and his blue zip up hoodie. "That will be more comfortable." he says. I nod.

"Thank you." I walk to the bathroom and change. I take my braids out and brush through my hair with my fingers. I walk back out and see him with now in a pair of sweats and the same red t-shit he wore when Bianca was in his room. I look at him and feel the tears form in my eyes. "You saved me." I say lightly.

"You are worth saving." he says. I let the tear fall as I hug him once more. He places a small kiss on my lips. I hug him after the small bit of affection. He lets me go and walks to his bed. I lay next to him, snuggling into his chest. I hear him sigh.

"Thank you for today." I say, and I hear the smile form on his face.

"Anytime Nes."

I watch as Xavier sighs. "You are unbelievable." he says. "Its nothing personal." I say back. "Not it never is with you, is it? I mean do you even care about anyone or anything at all, Wednesday?" the words stung as I watched the pain in his eyes.

The scene fades to black, and my eyes flicker open as I sit up with a sigh. Xavier jolts awake, looking at me with concern. I look at him and then run out the door. I hear him yelling at me but don't stop. I run down the steps and out the door, crying.

I don't deserve him. I think as the rain hits my face. I fall to the ground sobbing. Then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look back, Enid is standing there. I sigh and jump up hugging her. I feel the surprise in her body, but she hugs me back. After a moment she lets go and leads me inside. We sit on the steps, and I lean against her. After a few minutes of silence, she stands leads me with her. We back up the steps and to our room. The statue of Tyler is gone. I climb into my bed and fall back to sleep.

I wake the next morning and get ready in silence. I wake Enid and she looks at me at me with comfortable eyes. "Are you ready to talk about it?" she says.

"Not now. I don't know what I feel yet." I say. She drops the subjects and quickly changes. We walk to class together, silently. I sit next to her in History. She sighs as the bell rings, and I still have not said a word.

"Wednesday. What happened?" she says, breaking the comfortable silence.

"I had a nightmare, and not the good kind." I say. She looks at me with concern flooding her eyes. "I dreamt that Xavier never forgave me. That he still thought that I was unbelievable and that I cared about no one and nothing. When he said the words to me, I felt pain. Pain I never thought I would feel." I say the tears pouring down my face. I wipe them away. 'I don't deserve him. I don't deserve you or Ajax. I don't deserve friends. I don't deserve anything more than friends." I say standing and walking away from her slightly.

"No, you don't deserve us. But we stuck around because we care, and now we know you care too. You are unbelievably you. That is why we care, and why we love you." she says. I hug her once more. She smiles.

The next few class periods, I am silent. I skip lunch and go up to my room, not having much of an appetite.

"Wednesday..." I hear someone say from the other side of the door.

"Xavier." I say from my bed. He walks into the dorm. He looks at my tear stained cheeks and wipes them off. I sigh.

"Nes. Enid told me what happened. I know this is new, but you have to talk to me when stuff like this happens. You can't leave me. I can't lose you." I stand and hug him. He hugs me back, lifting me feet off the ground in a bear hug. After a moment he sets me back on the ground.

"I love you more than you will ever know, Nes." he says. I sigh.

"I love you." I say as I nuzzle my nose into his chest.