He moved past Seonghwa. He dodged the other witch. The sword was heavy in his hand. Its weight was thrusted into his palm year ago by the King. He spared him one last look. He had the guts to look surprised.

The widened eyes stayed this way forever, even after King's head rolled down the floor.

Hyunjin's chest heaved. For just a second, he stared at the body. Then, he dropped the sword painted with royal blood and grabbed Hongjoong by his shirt.

"You hesitated. You fucking hesitated!"

Suddenly Seonghwa was by their side. They were alone in the dungeon.

"Stop it."

The witch pushed Hyunjin away from his Captain. The soldier wanted to snarl at him, but he just shook his head and turned to the door. His job was done. He needed his Angel now.

...

Seonghwa sat on the dirty floor. His body felt so heavy with what it's been through. He wasn't used to using his magic in a fight. Even without it, he guessed he would've felt drained by what happened. Still, he just rested his back against a cold wall and gently moved his Captain's head, so it wouldn't be on the ground but on his thighs.

Kim Hongjoong looked like was the one who he died this night. His face was pale, stained by tears. His body shivered. He was like a ragdoll, allowing himself to be pushed around until the witch was satisfied with how he rested. Then, Seonghwa began to slowly stroke his hair. Hongjoong shut his eyes tighter and more tears escaped them.

"You should leave me here to rot," the Captain croaked.

Seonghwa simply shook his head and continued the motion.

"Seonghwa..."

The witch has never heard his name said this way before. It made his heart ache.

"I failed you all."

No.

"I couldn't do the one thing that I promised you all."

"Captain..."

"I don't even want you to forgive me, just leave here..."

"Hongjoong," he interrupted him. He couldn't bear to listen to this.

"Hongjoong, why do you act as if you had to it yourself? Do it alone?"

The Captain finally turned to look at the Witch.

"We were here for a reason. We all joined you for a reason. This burden wasn't yours to carry alone. Not since the day I joined you."

They sat in silence for a moment. Hongjoong raised a weak hand to touch Seonghwa's cheek.

"Don't waste your precious feelings on me."

It felt like stepping into freezing water. The Witch wasn't sure why he was surprised by it. He was always his Captain, never his Kim Hongjoong. Seonghwa felt his eyes burn. For a moment he couldn't tell if it was his magic or tears. The wetness on his face answered this question for him.

"You can't make this order, Captain."

Hongjoong looked at him like wanted to argue, but Seonghwa had enough.

"You might feel like you failed us, disappointed us, but you didn't. Not me. Not any of our crew. And my feelings are not being wasted, even if you don't feel the same way..."

"Seonghwa, you deserve better..."

"But I want you."

Hongjoong froze for a moment. His eyes were on Seonghwa, searching his face for an answer to a question he didn't know. Finally, he exhaled. Seonghwa watched him as he sat up slowly and then grabbed his hand. His breath hitched. The Captain brought his hand up to his face and then left one single kiss at his knuckles.