1. It started with the video of Alex Hunter

A/N: This is another Neal/Sara story, it'll be two chapters. Enjoy.

It started with the video of Alex Hunter.

Neal was working on a case file when Hughes called him to the conference room. He scrunched his nose up in confusion but went to the conference room nonetheless where he saw Hughes sitting at the table with Peter, Diana, Jones, Elizabeth, Sara and Mozzie. Seeing Elizabeth, Sara and Mozzie in the FBI White Collar Division conference room in the middle of the day had him raising his eyebrows.

"Whyever you're here, I didn't do it, it was Moz." The tension in the room was immediately broken when Elizabeth, Sara and Diana laughed, while Peter, Hughes, Jones and Mozzie all smirked.

"Neal, we aren't here because of something you and Mozzie might or might not have done, we're all here about this," Peter produced a laptop from his bag on the floor and put it on the table.

The screen came to life and Neal felt like he'd throw up the nice breakfast he and Sara had that morning. A lone tear fell from his blue eyes as he stared at the woman on the screen bound up and gagged, bruises and cuts on her face.

"Alex." Neal whispered softly, Neal felt two hands on his but he paid no attention as he stared at his oldest friend.

Suddenly the gag around Alex's mouth was removed and Alex was speaking to him, her voice shaky and full of fear, two emotions he'd never seen or heard from his friend.

"Neal, Neal if you're watching this, don't do anything stupid that will land you in prison again. Don't run off trying to be a hero and save me because I can't be saved." A gun appeared to Alex's temple and tears fell from her eyes.

"Neal, you have to promise me that you will let Sara, Peter, Elizabeth, Diana, Jones, Hughes, June and Mozzie take care of you and become your family, I want you to have a family and name one of  your mini Caffrey's after me. Neal, I love you, I've always loved you, I might not have been the love of your life but you've always been the love of mine."

A gunshot rang out on the screen and Neal heard his heart rip out of his chest. Alex, his oldest friend and first love was gone, dead, and he witnessed it just like he had Kate's death.

Neal, without a word to anyone, spun on his heel and ran out of the conference room and out of the bullpen, and jogged into the elevator, thumbing the button for the roof. He had to away from everything.

While Neal ran out of the conference room and to the roof, the rest of the team was staring after him.

"Should we go after him?" Hughes asked the group who all shook their heads.

It was Peter who answered Hughes's question with a shake of his head. "No, not yet, we'll give him an hour then if he's not back, one of us will go find him." They all nodded in agreement and Jones quickly removed the laptop from the table.

"Boss, how do you think Caffery will handle this?" Diana asked, concern for her young friend running through her mind, she saw how he handled Kate's death and didn't like how he investigated her death with Mozzie and threw himself into work after he got out of prison. Peter sighed.

"I don't know, Diana, I just don't know." Peter told his probie agent and rubbed his forehead. Truth be told, Peter was extremely worried about how his CI and friend would handle losing another woman in his life so soon after Kate's death.

Elizabeth put her hand on her husband's arm and looked at the team, Mozzie and Sara. "But we're not letting him drown himself in work and a secret investigation of her death without help." The wife of the lead FBI agent said sternly, not taking no for an answer.