Issue #25

'It's not a date. It's not a date. It's not a date.'

This thought ran through my mind more times than I could properly count! The excitement just helped me swing and thwip even faster than I typically do as I swung through the city to get groceries!

Sure it isn't a date, but I get one-on-one time with (YN)! (YN)! The same guy who I've been crushing on since... FOREVER!

I shook my head and landed onto the roof of a building that was close to the grocery store. I'd typically just put my casual clothes back on, but now I have the ooze! I could simply have it-

"Hey, Spider-Woman!"

... Huh? Spider-Woman? Who-What. Who am I about to sue?! I WASN'T BLUFFING ABOUT THE VERY GOOD LAWYER I HAVE-

"Spider-Woman!"

I looked around and realized that one of the civilians was calling out to me from the crowd. I guess groceries can wait... i leaped from the roof of the building and landed on a street lamp just above the civilian to hear them more clearly. Maybe they have me confused...

"Spider-Woman! Help! My bike!"

I looked toward the direction the stranger was pointing in and immediately saw some hooded figure running away. The figure pushed and shoved the crowd away from themselves as they hopped onto the bike. I immediately sprung into action and swung off of a web and launched myself toward them. They tried to go faster, but a few webshots stopped the bike and made the punk fall off.

The hooded figure grunted and struggled up. He then took out a knife and growled.

"You better back the fuck off!" He barked. I landed onto the ground and held my chest as I stumbled a bit.

"Agh.. Ugh, is that a knife? My one weakness, small knives..." I groaned, falling to my knees. Before the thug could do anything, I hit a webshot onto his leg and tugged on the line, making him loose balance as he dropped the knife. I then webbed up the knife and stuck one of his fists to the ground, webbing up the other hand to make him punch himself in the face a few times. For my own amusement. Eventually the civilian that called for help arrived and retrieved their bike.

"Thanks Spider-Woman!"

"Uhm. It's actually Spider-Girl. Thank you for using the hyphen though."

"Spider-Girl? You sure? I thought with your new suit, you'd change your name too."

"Uh.. Yeah..? I mean, I guess I could go by woman. But then I'd have to change my name on my Super Hero discount card, IDs, it'd be a process. And with the suit, I just figured I'd change it up. I mean, everyone has a black suit now. Ironman, Daredevil, Wolverine, Moon Knight.  Anyways, gotta go!" I waved before swinging off.

Spider-Woman, huh? I mean... It isn't the worst name I ever heard. And with what Aunt May said about me becoming the woman I'll be forever, maybe.. Maybe I'll keep that name. Assuming it isn't taken, at least.

I landed in an alley way and had the ooze change to a more casual fit. And with the new look, we made our way to the grocery store with my list. I didn't have much to get. Just eggs, milk, and other ingredients. It shouldn't take much time for us to get this done.

...
...
...

It took so much time for me to get that done. Now I'm running home late. I have to be careful while swinging so that I don't spill or drop anything.

As I latched onto a building, the ear piercing shouting of J. Jonah Jameson...

"And as if hiding her face wasn't suspicious enough, now that spider-menace is wearing a new suit! One that allows her to camouflage in the night and leave her crime scenes with ease! I know heroes change their outfits all the time, but at least the red and blue was easy to notice!" Jameson barked out from his big screen showing. We couldn't help but roll our eyes. I mean, other heroes change their outfits all the time! Hell, Mr. Stark does it all the time! But when we do it, We're seen as a criminal!

Whatever I guess... At least the man pays me to take selfies anyways. If I think about it to long, I know I'll get a headache.

And so I fired a webshot and swung off, making my way back home...

...
...
...

"B-But Sir, the electrician isn't done properly checking matainence on the conductors. This c-could be an extremely dangerous procedure!" Dr. Octavius warned as he followed behind Norman Osborn.

"I won't tolerate any further delays, Octavius. Several tests had to be either removed or relocated into this lab. We have to find something, anything, that can over shadow our previous incidents. Be quiet and do as you're told." Norman demanded.

Dr. Octavius gulped quietly as he had equipped his four bionic arms and nodded quietly... This could only go wrong.

The bionic arms reached within the testing chambers that housed Max Dillon, who was still fixing some of the unstable wiring for an old eel tank that was housed within Dr. Conners' lab.

"Remind me again what you needed these ridiculous arms for, Doctor."

"A-Ah, yes, well.. These bionic arms a-allow me to directly interact w-with the reactor and stabilize it safely.. They are designed to be resistant to the heat and magnetism that would be harmful for a human to be exposed to directly..." Dr. Octavius explained through a stutter. He anxiously tried to keep his composure, for Max's safety.

Max Dillon wasn't in any direct danger, but the reactor could end up expanding toward him... Dr. Octavius tried to breath to ease his nerves, but Norman turned the key and turned on the reactor. Oscorp's personal attempt at copying Tony Stark's own Arc Reactor...

"I expect good results, Octavius. Report back to me when the reactor is stable."

"Y-You aren't- Where are you going..?" Dr. Octavius asked.

"Our board of directors have demanded a meeting to address our recent press. Continue as instructed." Osborn replied. He then left the lab, leaving Octavius to try and keep the reactor stable...