Ch. 4: Receiving Blades and First Missions

Bắt đầu từ đầu

As Tanjiro was with Haganezuka, Izuku was with Tecchikawahara as the elder finished unraveling the cover and proceeded to open the box.

"You might consider yourself lucky that I forged your sword, Young Urokodaki. You are the second member of the Demon Slayer that I have made a blade for." Tecchikawahara said, making the boy curious.

"Really? Who was the first?"

"It was girl who I believe is now your age. When she became a Demon Slayer, she asked me to make her a blade that would help her slaughter demons with a poison she made with wisteria and other ingredients. I developed a mechanism for her to swap out different poisons that she would douse her blade in. No one else knew how she was able to do it. It was only me and her who knew how it was done."

"Wow..."

"Now then, here is your blade."

Tecchikawahara opened the box to reveal a grey colored blade with a guard that was in the shape of a 'U' and 'A' in gold while having normal black handle.

The part of the handle made Izuku confused.

"Um, excuse me, but... *points to the guard* ...why is my guard shaped like this?"

"Your father has connections with Haganezuka, and he told him that he wish for the guard of your sword to be like the symbol of the school you dream of going to. So, Haganezuka told me, and I made it happen when you selected the ore for your sword. Isn't that right, Urokodaki-san?"

"Yes." His father replied as he stepped out of the room and joined them.

Izuku smiled in happiness for what his father did for him.

"Now, since your Nichirin Sword is also a Color-Changing Katana, let's see what your color is. The color itself depends on the bearer."

"Hai."

He picked the sword, draw it out and held it up. Soon, it's co.or started to change from grey as it was a bluish-green color, specifically cyan.

"Cyan." His father said. 

"Hm... interesting. I never saw a cyan color before."

"Really?"

"Hai. If I can guess, the blue in the color is supposed to represent your Breathing Style and the green in it for your messy green hair and eyes." Tecchikawahara explained while also pointing at his hair and eyes.

"I see."

"Kuroi?! (Black?!)" Haganezuka shouted in surprise, gaining their attention. They saw Tanjiro holding his sword which was black.

"It's black, huh?" Sakonji stated.

"Is it bad of something if it turns black? Is it unlucky?" Tanjiro asked in worry.

"No, not necessarily. But you don't see this pitch black too often." Sakonji replied before Haganezuka busted into a fit of rage.

"And I thought I was going to see a bright red sword! Dammit!" He proceeded to hold Tanjiro down with his legs over his shoulders and arms grabbing onto his hands.

"Ouch! Stop! Please calm down! How old do you think you are?"

"I'm thirty-seven!" 

"Bright red sword?" Izuku questioned.

"Hai. I believe that Haganezuka thought your friend was going to have a bright red sword after seeing his hair and eyes, because it's know to be considered lucky and a cause for celebration. I think he got pissed off after seeing a black sword instead of a bright red one." Tecchikawahara explained before the Kasugai Crows that they got from Final Selection arrived.