Chapter 7: To Catch a Faen

Start from the beginning

Halfway up the stairs to his private quarters, he got a voice clip message from Andrea. NuNew was curious because she had never used the feature and clicked it. What happened next almost made him deaf. The scream she emitted was disturbing as she fan girl out on the new Savage Dragon cover videos.

Andrea was a huge fan, and when he was contracted to help write the remix, he ensured she was part of all the negotiations. She was hard to handle for months with all the gushing.

While he couldn't understand her message because of the screaming, another ping, and a notification that Andrea had posted the cover on YouTube, she could always make him chuckle with her fan girl moments and made his way to Nat and that ice cream.

Nat had already set up everything. He had got the snacks and set up the beds on the recliners.

This was their favorite place to sit and talk, but also they made sure to have all the comforts in case they fell asleep. NuNew settled himself to focus on Nat and his problems and maybe forget his own.

                                                                              Zee

Sitting on the sofa, Zee could not help but go through everything on his faen's YouTube channel. He could not believe he was there this whole time, just outside his orbit.

He even remembered when Nu's rendition of Savage Garden's "I Knew I Loved You" came out. He played it on the loop for weeks. It was one of his favorite songs of all time. He was busy with all things DMD to go onto YouTube to watch music videos. So, he never knew.

If he had, he would have found his faen so much quicker and may not be in this situation now. Zee was logged into his YouTube channel account, and while he had many subscribers, he never subscribed to anyone non-DMD until today. He made his subscriptions public, so everyone could see he was now following his Nu.

He even set up notifications so that if Nu did anything, he would know about it. He knew this would send his social media into a frenzy, but he didn't care. He was going to follow him on every social media platform. He just wanted Nu to see he was there. He wanted to be seen.

Setting his phone on the sofa, he went to get a drink and returned with a bottle of water for Max and himself. Before he could hand one to Max, a girly squeal came out of Max's mouth. The sound was so out of character he couldn't stop staring at him.

"OMG Zee, your faen just released a new cover. It happened just now!" Max gushed.

Zee was almost positive he would get violent with Max if he didn't stop having that goofy look when he talked about his faen. He threw the water bottle on Max's lap and grabbed his phone.

"Is he like reading my mind? Does he think about me? He released my favorite song," Zee quickly went to the DMD site and checked to see if his favorite song was still listed. He was disappointed that it was not. He wondered when P'Aof changed it.

"Max, if you leave a comment before I do, I will become violent," Zee growled.

Zee composed his comment and was the first to make one.

"I love you, Nu. Come home to me. I miss you."

Zee watched YouTube explode. He then logged in to all social media, found Nu, and left him a message on each one, then a private message with his phone number. Hoping the Nu would call him, he just had to sit and wait.

If he didn't call, he would try in Shanghai, and if he failed in Shanghai, he had the OST. If he failed there, he would keep trying no matter how long it took. Nu was his future.