1. Expedition.

Jane, Darcy and I where all in the truck out in the middle of New Mexico somewhere in a desert.

I heard Darcy from the back, "For the win. This is it." I chuckled to myself and looked back, seeing her throw a peanut into a cup. Or failing to.

Jane was fast asleep as I watched the peanut from Darcy's hand, hitting the cup with a clink and falling away from its target.

"And this is it, for the win." She said, throwing and missing again.

"For the win. This is it." I rolled my eyes as it clicked and bounced off of the cup rim.

"Darcy, just go to sleep." I told her, getting comfortable and closing my eyes.

I was on this 'expedition' with Jane and Darcy because I was a friend of theirs and they needed a witness and as I needed a job.

To be honest, I was always interested in space and whatever but being a journalist and needed a new story, I was willing.

I worked for a small news company and I was probably the worst journalist there, I took the cheapest job.

I heard Darcy said again, "for the..." and she paused, clicking in the mug as she finally got it in.

"Yes! First try. Y/n, you owe me 50-." She gasped as a beeping thing went off, causing me to jump.

"Uh, Jane, Jane, Jane!" She yelled, causing me to get up from my seat to look.

"It's beeping! It's doing the beeping!" Jane gasped as she looked back, getting up.

"I need to talk to the Director of shield. Because, if my data is correct, I believe an alien invasion is imminent and..." the phone called ended on the other end as Jane was talking.

"Hello?"

I heard a loud rumbling noise as I looked up at the sky. A huge, bright light was heading towards us as I stared in awe.

I was to busy looking at the sky as Jane was on her phone, trying to talk to the Director of shield to get them to help. Which they didn't.

I became really, really scared as I watched. The end of the world could be happening right now and know one cared.

Soon Jane and Darcy pop their heads out of the sunroof as the bright light was about to hit earth, shooting right past us.

"They're here." Darcy said in a sing song voice, making me chuckle.

"We're too late. The invasion has begun." Jane told us, as we looked at the fading light.

Time skip

We parked our car in Las Vegas, surprised to see a party going on? What the fuck

"Hollywood movies did not prepare me for this. Shouldn't there be more lasers? Probing? A flying cow?" Darcy said, crossing her arms and looking around, jane looking at her table as I looked at the drinks.

"According to my data, the first extraterrestrial to arrive was... him?" She looked up, staring at a man with gold hair and tall, big muscles and had an interesting clothing choice.

He was laughing very hard at something as he looked over, staring at Jane.

"Beefcakes?" I questioned, looking surprised at Jane as she nodded.

"Huh. I expected him to look more like..." Jane started, but Darcy cut her off.

"Like what? E.T.? And less like a hottie McScotty, beach body ken, old-school Abercrombie catalog? I could go on. Let me." Darcy replied, making me chuckle.

"I'm gonna go talk to him. I'm going to make first contact with an alien." Jane told us, about to walk away.

"First? I think half the strip beat you to it. You can make first contact with... I don't know, that guy. He looks like a loser." Darcy said, pointing at a duck.

"Darcy, he has a tux on." I said in awe, it was adorable in my opinion.

The duck in a tux spat out his drink, and looked at us.

"Ha! Big talk coming from a brunette. Not you sweetheart. " He reply, then winking at me. Making us look at him strangely.

Jane sighed "I'm going. How do I look?" She asked us. I smiled at her.

"Completely unprepared for whatever happens next." Darcy said. I shook my head.

"You look fine Jane. Good luck." I told her and she nodded, walking away towards hunky.

We stood there as we looked over at Jane as she got really flustered at some point and others she got frustrated. It was funny really, the height difference.

Then Mr Duck in a Tux butted in.

"Well, it's happy hour. Want some half-price nachos?" He asked us. I shook my head in confusion on why he was asking us that.

"Okay, fine, Duck. But this is not a date." Darcy replied.

"Nah, I'll stay here, keep Jane outa trouble." I told them and they nodded.

"Let's just see where this evolves." He said as they walked away. I shrugged, I just stayed by the car, seeing if Jane came back.

She didn't.

An hour passed as I did leave and went to go drink a little. Eventually, I came back and noticed that Darcy and the duck got eloped. Good for them I guess.

Then, I saw Jane and muscles walk out of a tattoo shop with tattoos! Interesting really. Not long after I got into the car and drove to an actual parking lot to not get a ticket.

Time skip

It was the next morning and I've been calling janes phone ALL night! And these people came up to me, called themselves shield agents, then I was brought to a car and saw Darcy.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking around. She shrugged. Eventually, we found Jane and they took us to this floating ship thingy.

I wasn't hreally paying attention until I I heard Jane ranting about 'Thor'

"He left? Did he-did he even leave a note at..." everyone looked at her strangely, as she tried to explain herself.

"I mean, did... did he say where he was going?" She smiled sheepishly.

"Smooth." Darcy commented. I huffed out a laugh.

"Thanks."

"Sarcasm."

"Paris. One of his compatriots was, and I quote, "jonesing for crêpes." Agent Hill replied in her monotone voice.

"Ma'am." Another agent said, coming closer with a box.

"The last resort has arrived."

"Whoa, whoa. Last resort sounds very final. This is Earths first encounter with alien life. How we respond today will set the time for diplomatic relations between our worlds for generations." Jane said, actually making sense.

Darcy laughed, "'Diplomatic relations'? Is that what the kids are calling it?"

"You're wrong, Doctor. This isn't shields first alien rodeo." Agent Hill said, as we looked over to see a little beeper.

"A beeper? My dad has one! He's a podiatrist. Wait, are you guys calling a podiatrist?" Darcy asked.

Agent Hill walked over towards the window as she did a dramatic click of the beeper.

"It's done." Agent hill replied as we looked at her, confused.

"Is it happening? Did it happen? What'd I miss?" Darcy asked.

"I think she did." I replied very confused.