❆ Ian and Scotty Snow Day ❅

^The Video Above: I attached a video to this Wattpad so you can listen to this theme-setting song as you read :-)

The cover on the video is by @/yune_artt on Inkstagram

Book Cover Art:

By @/skip.draws on Inkstagram—thank you so much!

Ian and Scotty Snow Day

"'Ey, Scotty," Ian whispers, his grin unusually cheerful yet not immoderate. He gives the purple-inked Inkling lying in front of him a gentle shake by the shoulder, chuckling mirthfully when Scotty blinks open his eyes in response.

"Mm?" Scotty replies, sleep still visible across his gentle features. It doesn't seem that his mind is completely present yet. He forces more of his focus onto the world of the awakened, and takes a few seconds to realize that his hands are pressed against Ian's smooth, bare chest as his face is a short distance away from Ian's lower neck and collar area, while the golden-yellow-inked Inkling has his arms around him.

"It's snowing," Ian answers, and Scotty can hear the smile in his tone, making it contagious enough to spread to him.

"Yep, that's what was on the weather report last night, so I'd hope so," Scotty remarks, yawning, then snuggles closer into Ian's warmth and rests his eyes closed again.

Ian just chuckles at him, and Scotty can't help but smile at the feeling of his laughter against his hands. "You know I won't last much longer here. You knew what it meant when we were expecting snow today."

Scotty's smile is still prominent even when he releases a displeased groan at the feeling of Ian pulling away. "Awh, Iann!" he whines, earning more chuckles out of the tall, golden-yellow-inked Inkling.

"We have time for that later! You've got nothin' to complain 'bout," Ian tells him, and Scotty can hear him pulling out one of the dresser drawers. He blinks open his eyes yet again to a rather excessively blurred image of Ian standing in front of the cabinet.

With another smile, Scotty just turns himself over toward his bedside table to find that the usual blurred white figure isn't there. He reaches for the tabletop to pat it to check if his glasses really are on top of it, but finds only the base of the lamp.

"Uhm, Ian? Where are my glasses?" Scotty asks, his smile still present, yet a hint of confusion is visible on his face.

"Oh," Ian starts, sounding amused, "You don't remember our little couch binge last night?" He chuckles a little before going on. "You know, I haven't noticed until now how much we really take off."

Scotty just laughs at him. "Yeah, right. You wish."

"Well," Ian starts playfully, and Scotty watches his blurred out figure approach. "You wish too, don't you?"

Scotty only stares back at him, shaking his head as his smile is still far from faded. "Right. I'll try and see if I can get off earlier when the weekdays start up again. Sheldon should be able to understand that solving physics problems for his weapons isn't that urgent. Maybe that way I won't come home just to eat then sleep."