Weinlesefest Part 1 - Homecoming

A portal opens which bridged the Serenitea Pot to the city streets of Mondstadt. Noelle walks out of it first, and took a single breath, as she finds herself in her former home city once again.

"It has been a year since my departure, yet barely anything has changed..."

"I wonder why, as well..." Aether commented again, as Paimon, Nilou and Ayaka followed from behind him.

"Let's head on over to the Knights' headquarters, Noelle! Paimon wants to see the look on the others' faces when they see you again!"

Noelle nodded, and the group walks over all the way to the Knights of Favonius HQ building, upon opening the door, they are met with a group of knights in the entranceway, being given information by a blonde boy, whom Noelle immediately recognized.

"That's Master Mika, he's back, I see..."

"Who's Mika, Noelle?" Aether asked.

"He is a member of Lady Eula's reconnaissance squad, but Grandmaster Varka placed him in the front lines of his expedition."

"It seems like we missed whatever he told the knights about. Nilou, if you may?" Aether asked.

"Understood."

Nilou's eyes glowed for a brief second, as a gust of wind with small water sprinkled towards Mika, who quickly wiped it off.

"What was that just now... Oh, t-that's Noelle! S-she's back!"

"Noelle...!?" The other knights turned around, and widened their eyes in surprise.

Jean was there as well, and she couldn't believe her eyes as she sees the girl she failed in every Knight tryouts, now standing in front of the entrance with the long-absent Honorary Knight, as well as a couple of guests.

Noelle was then stormed by the knights, who began to ask her questions like how is she doing, where did she go all this time, and some commented that they missed Noelle so badly, although for some of them the true reason is that they missed Noelle's lighter-than-air pancakes.

As the Maid-Knight is trying her best to control the situation, Aether introduces himself to Mika, who quickly left because he needed to report to Eula. Aether is then seen walking into Jean's office. Ayaka and Nilou tried to follow him, but was blocked by Kaeya.

"I'm sorry, ladies. Members of the Ordo only."

"Oh, alright then. Pardon our intrusion." Ayaka said, scowling behind her fan.

"I'm sorry, sir! I guess we'll be off, then." Nilou said.

Unbeknownst to Kaeya, a little water droplet flows under the door, and into the office. The droplet then jumped over to the desk, hiding behind an inkwell. As for Noelle, she finished talking with the knights that missed her, and grouped up with Ayaka and Nilou.

"So, what did Master Mika say?" Noelle asked.

"Apparently, this Grandmaster Varka has received a visit from the Fatui, led by a harbinger known as 'The Captain'. Then, he explained to the knights that Varka couldn't come over for this year's Weinlesefest."

"And as for the conversation in the office?"

"Does the name 'Razor' ring a bell to you, Noelle?" Nilou asked back.

"I remember him. I saved him from an invading Abyss Lector back in Wolvendom. What is it that makes him mentioned in the conversation?"

"Apparently, his parents left some sort of time capsule, in a form of a wooden box in the office. That's all I can get."

"Master Razor's... Parents? But his parents are gone."

"Gone? What do you mean, Noelle? Does this mean that he's an orphan like you?" Ayaka raised a brow.

"Indeed, but he was raised by the wolves in Wolvendom, and studied under Miss Lisa."

"Now that is something that comes right from a light novel plot... Raised by wolves..."

Right after that monologue, Aether walks out of the office.

"Noelle, Jean and Lisa wants to talk to you. And as for you both, you can tag along if you want."

"Where are you going, Aether?" Ayaka asked.

"Wolvendom."

"To look for this 'Razor' fellow? We got your back, alright?"

"Got it, Nilou."

Aether then gave a quick peck at their cheeks before leaving with Ayaka and Nilou, while Noelle stayed behind to enter the office.

"Look who decided to return, our former Maid-Knight!" Kaeya exclaimed.

"And she sure has bloomed like the roses she adorned herself with."

"We missed you, Noelle. We really do." Jean said, smiling a little.

"I missed you both as well, Grandmaster Jean, Miss Lisa, and Captain Kaeya as well."

"So, how is your adventure with the Honorary Knight going?

"For the most part, it was breathtaking, Grandmaster."

"That's good to know. How do you feel, returning after a whole year of absence?"

"It feels like being at home. It really corresponds, since Mondstadt is my first home city. How is Miss Barbara and Lady Amber?"

"The both of them are fine, but Barbara often has this sad smile on her face. Looks like she missed you a lot too."

"When can I meet them?"

"You can now, as a matter of fact. Amber is on her lunch break in Good Hunter, chances are you can meet her and Barbara there."

"Alright. Oh, and thank you again for everything, Grandmaster Jean. For helping in raising me and training me... And everything else."

"You're always welcome, Noelle."

Noelle then walked out of the office and closed the door behind her gently. She then closed her eyes, as she then sees the ley lines flowing throughout the land, and she picked one spot which she then teleported towards, which is the waypoint right above the city square. Noelle then descended down to head towards Good Hunter.

Amber took a glance, and dropped her fork before pointing to Noelle, who is behind Barbara.

"N-Noelle!?" The both of them called out.

"Greetings, Lady Amber, Miss Barbara."

"When did you come back!? I didn't even received a letter and such, and here you are!"

"I was back just recently. Did I interrupt something between the two of you?"

"Nope, no biggie, Noelle!" Barbara replied to her old friend.

Noelle then spent the afternoon chatting with her former comrade and old friend. Noelle mentions Collei in one of her conversations, and has a longer talk with Amber as a result. Barbara couldn't help but smile as she sees a scene that she thought she'd never see again because of Noelle's permanent departure from the Knights of Favonius.