His Apology

An hour later his mother opened the door and Skid woke up.
"Oh..! Sorry to wake you son but we have to go get groceries." Lila said.
Skid whined and slid off his bed, putting on his shoes. "Okayyy finnee.." He said.

He and his mom walked out the door and got in the car, Skid checked his phone and it was already 6PM. It was quite dark out since it was November.

As they drove to the store Skid looked out the window, it was raining. He felt calm because he liked dark and rainy car drives, the sunset sparkling over the raindrops on the window.

They parked the car in the parking lot and went inside. As they were shopping the store wasn't really busy, instead, it was pretty quiet, some families walking around.

"Skid, why don't you wait here and I'm going to go grab something okay?" Lila said.

Skid smiled and nodded. He watched as his mom walked away, leaving the cart with him in the aisle. He turned on his phone and scrolled through his messages. Nothing. There were no new messages at all.
Skid frowned and turned off his phone, shoving it back in his pocket. He still had a while to wait. He stared at the floor and thought about Pump. A couple seconds later, he looked up. He saw Pump at the end of the aisle with his grandpa and his sister Susie, grabbing food and putting it in the cart.

Skids eyes went wide and he looked away nervously, trying to hide his face so Pump wouldn't see him. He tried to make it look like he was reading the label on some canned food.

Pump looked around and recognized Skid on the other side of the aisle. Skid felt like he was going to pass out. He looked to see if Pump was gone but no. They immediately made eye contact while Susie and Mr. Wonder were looking away.

They just both stared at each other nervously from opposite ends..
Pump waved shyly and looked away quickly and awkwardly.

Skid felt tears swelling up in his eyes, trying to hold back from crying.
Pump looked over and walked towards him.
"Hey Skid.." Pump said awkwardly.

Skid looked down and stayed quiet.

"You alright?" Pump asked.

"Ugh... Yeah, I'm fine." Skid said, sniffling and trying to hold back the tears.
"No Skid. You aren't. I'm sorry for.. erm.."
...
"I'm just sorry, okay?" Pump said.
He hugged Skid, as soon as they stopped hugging Pump put his hand on Skids cheek and softly wiped his tears. Skid felt his face heat up and his eyes widened, feeling a bit offended.

"What?" Pump asked

Skid frowned, he quickly pulled his hand back.
"Nothing."

"Okay.." Pump said, frowning a little bit.

"Pump!" Susie called from the other end of the aisle.
The kids flinched.
"Wh-huh?" Pump stuttered.

They watched as Susie approached them, crossing her arms.

"Hey Pump. We gotta get goi.." She looked over at Skid.
"When did he get here?" She asked.
"Oh.. well he was here with Ms. Lila at the same time we were!" Pump said, smiling.
Lila walked over with some food and groceries.
"Huh?- oh hey Susie!" Lila said.
"Yeah.. weird timing huh?" Susie said.
Lila laughed.

"Mom, I wanna go with them." Skid said.
"Fine with me." Susie shrugged. "I'll go ask grandpa." She walked over to Mr. Wonder and the faint sound of chatting was heard in the distance. She suddenly came back.
"Well.. he said yes, so?" She looked at Lila.
"But-" Lila stopped. She sighs. "It's fine, you can go, son."
"YAYY!!" The boys cheered. Skid brang Pump in a tight hug.

...

They soon arrived at Pumps house. The boys ran in excitedly and did the spooky dance on their way in. They both then ran to Pumps room. Pump shut the door behind them and sat on the bed. "Hmmm. Whatcha wanna do?" Pump said.

Skid sat next to him. "I... I have to talk to you."