The Ghost of Christmas Present

Start from the beginning

"Is it an Ass?" Vector asked.

"Yes and no!" Sonic chuckled.

"I know who it is!" Sally yelled. "It's your big brother, Shadow!" Shadow frowned.

"Yes, it is!" Sonic laughed.

"Big, show me no more!" Shadow ordered.

"Two more stops," Big said, clapping his hands.

The two were outside an apartment room.

"You know this place?" Big asked.

"T... This is Amy's place!" Shadow said. Both of them walked inside. Amy was sitting on her own, eating by herself, looking at a mistletoe and a picture of Shadow.

"What is she doing alone?" Shadow asked. "Why isn't she with friends or family?"

"She doesn't have any," Big said. "Eggman and The Commander both passed away and Rouge is nowhere to be seen. You're her only friend. All she wants is to celebrate Christmas with you. Is that so hard?" Shadow felt guilt. Shadow clapped his hands again.

They were outside a broken down house.

"Who would live in this run down place?" Shadow asked.

"Why don't we take a look?" Shadow asked, looking through the window. Shadow joined him. Inside were a female seal cooking Christmas dinner. Helping her were a two young female seal twins rabbit with a chao, and a young male walrus.

"I've never seen these people!" Shadow said. "Why are you showing me this?" Shadow and Big heard singing. They turned around to see Rotor carrying a young blond hair girl on his shoulder, both singing. When they got to the door, Rotor put down the little girl, who was crippled, and opened the door. The two seals and walrus ran over to Rotor.

"Merry Christmas, Daddy," the two seals and walrus said.

"Merry Christmas, Daisy, Rosy," Rotor said. The seal mother walked over.

"Girls, why don't you help Tiny Hope set the table?" she said. "You too, Ruben."

"Yes mother," the walrus said, walking over to the table.

"How was Tiny Hope while shopping?" the seal asked.

"As good as gold, Bessie" Rotor said. "And better!"

"Your brother, Skeeter, called and said he couldn't make for Christmas!" Bessie said.

"Skeeter can't make it?" Rotor asked, sadden. "But it's Christmas! She always comes! It won't be Christmas without her." Suddenly, Skeeter jumped out of the curtains, hugging Rotor.

"I can't bare to see you sad, big brother," Skeeter giggled.

"I knew you'd make it!" Rotor laughed.

"I don't understand." Shadow said, while the family sat around the table. "How can a walrus and a seal make not only young seals and walrus, but also a human?"

"Adoption," Big said.

"Wow!" Skeeter said. "You guys really went all out this year!"

"I would like to raise a toast!" Rotor said, raising his glass. "To Mr. Shadow, the founder of the feast!"

"Founder of the feast, indeed!" Bessie said, angrily.

"But... He gave me the wage to afford all this!" Rotor said.

"And he underpays you!" Bessie yelled. "If I ever meet him, what I wouldn't give to burn his whole face off and..."

"To Mr. Shadow, the founder of the feast!" Hope yelled, coughing.

"Big, what will happen to the girl?" Shadow said, looking worried.

"Tiny Hope?" Big asked. "I can sense he doesn't have long left on Mobius..." Shadow gasped, looking back at Tiny Hope, with Daisy patting her on the back to make her better as she coughed.

"Is there anyway to save her?" Shadow asked.

"She is going to die, and this will be her last Christmas!" Big said.

"Is there's no other way?" Shadow asked.

"Are there no prisons?" Big asked. "Are there no prison chambers?" Shadow felt the guilt stab right through him, having his own words turned against him. Big clapped again.

The two of them were in a dark empty room.

"Our time together is almost up," Big said, sitting down. He started fading away. "Before I leave, allow me to warn of the next guy... He isn't as kind as Tikal and I! But, his teachings will benefit you the most!" And with that, Big disappeared, leaving Shadow alone in the dark, with only the moonlight shining down on him through the open ceiling. He noticed his shadow. It looked nothing like him. Suddenly, the shadow came out of the wall, appearing as someone wearing a black cloak around them. It was impossible to see the face, or any part of the body of this spirit.