"Ok, fine. I like her music."

"Wow... Just... Wow. And you are telling me this on Christmas Eve."

"Merry Christmas" he says with that smile that is all dimples.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"So you are telling me... That you actually broke your finger... With a bin's lid?" Mason laughs.

"It was one of the big ones, ok? The heavy ones. And Rúben scared me because you people in this town love doing it, and..."

"Rúben" he scoffs. "Why didn't he come here with you? It was his fault."

"He was busy with some family stuff."

"Are you back together?"

"What? No. I'm single. Completely. Dixie is the only man in my life right now."

"The rumour about you getting back together is already out, tho. They saw you last night."

"Yeah, well. They are wrong this time."

"Good" Mason says while I follow him to the car.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Do you think we'll be back home before it gets dark?" I ask Mason. The snow hasn't stopped, and the road is getting worse and worse, making us go very slow.

"I don't know" he says as his phone starts ringing. "Can you check who it is?"

"Tom."

"Put the speaker."

"Mase, hi" Tom says over the phone.

"Hello, bro. What's up?"

"I was told that you are out of town? Went to the hospital with Miss Daisy?"

"You too, Tom?" I say.

"Oh, hi there. Sorry. Anyway, where are you? Are you ok?"

"She's ok, just a broken finger courtesy of our Mayor."

"What?"

"It's a long story" I say, giving Mason a murderous look.

"Anyway, I guess you guys still are in the car, right?"

"Yep."

"Well, we've had to close the road because of all the snow, we are waiting for the snowplough. So until then, you can't come in."

"We can't? What are we supposed to do then?" I ask.

"I have an idea" Mason says. "Tom, give us a call when the road is clean."

"I will. Take care, guys" Tom says, hanging up.

"What are we going to do?"

"Just trust me, ok?" Mason says.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Won't we be bothering him?"

"For the millionth time... No, we won't" Mason says, rolling his eyes. Turns out that we were close to Mr. James farm, and Mason decided to pay him a visit and wait there until the road is clean. The man lives alone, so hopefully he'll be happy to have some company on Christmas Eve.

"Oh, hello you two" Mr. James says when he opens the door. "What are you doing here?"

"Hiding from the snow. Would you mind if we come in?" Mason asks.

"Of course not! Come, come."

"Thank you for letting us stay here, Mr. James" I say, sitting next to the fire.

"My pleasure. I don't have much to offer you on a night like this, just some chicken with potatoes on the oven."

"That sounds like heaven right now." My chocolate bars were good, but I need real food right now.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Still no news from Tom?"

"Nope" Mason says.

"You can always stay here for the night. Though you'll have to share a bed, I only have one clean and ready" Mr. James says, trying to hide a smile.

"We'll wait a bit longer" I say.

"Mason, why don't you come with me so I can show you which one it is? I'm going to bed myself."

"Yes, of course. Keep an eye on the phone" he says, handing it to me.

"I will. Good night, Mr. James. And thank you for everything."

"My pleasure" he says before disappearing with Mason.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"You are falling sleep."

"I'm fine" I say, changing my position on the sofa, my back starting to ache.

"Why don't we wait on the room? The bed looked so comfy."

"We aren't gonna do anything, you've been warned."

"I can think with other part of my body that aren't my dick, you know?" he says. "Are you coming or not?"

"I guess, yes" I say as I get up, all my muscles already thanking me for it.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I had forgotten that your feet always are freezing cold, Mason."

"Sorry" he chuckles. "But I'm wearing socks."

"Doesn't feel like it."

"You know, since it looks like we are gonna spend the night here... Can we... You know..."

"I told you nothing was going to happen."

"Sex no, I know. But cuddling?" he says, giving me those puppy eyes I can't say no to.

"Fine" I say while hugging him with one arm and one leg, just like we used to do all the time when we were together.

"I've missed this" he says while playing with my hair. If I was a cat, I would definitely be purring right now.

"Me too" I say, my eyes starting to close.