Chapter 91: Seventh Year Fourteen ☾

Start from the beginning

"Where is Draco?" the man asked, glaring.

"You think I'm going to tell you where my son is?"

"Our son."

"You want him dead," Narcissa replied, throwing one more hex. It spun Lucius around, disorienting him. She then cast Brachiabindo. He was not going anywhere with those ropes.

"Good show, Aunt Cissy," Dora said, glancing at the struggling Lucius. "Where's Shacklebolt?"

"Right here." The man raised his hand. He held up a dead Gideon. "This one slipped on a banana peel, but I'm taking it."

"How did he slip on a banana peel?"

Remus shook his head. "Don't ask questions."

At that moment, Fred and George came running up, scowling, a limp body in their arms. "We found him in a hallway. We don't know who did it, but they will pay." They placed the body of Colin Creevey on the floor gently.

Sirius came over, taking a deep breath. He swallowed slowly. He turned, catching Dolohov just in time to see him throw his personal curse at Padma Patil. The girl screamed out in pain, dropping to the floor limply.

The animagus' eyes flared. He screamed out, throwing three separate curses in quick succession. Dolohov blocked the first one but did not have time to put up a shield against the Diffindo or the Deletrius. Ashes scattered everywhere. The deputy headmaster ran to the young girl and checked her pulse. There was none.

"Siri, you need to calm down," Dora said, rubbing his arm. "We need you to focus. You can grieve later."

"She was seventeen. She was planning on becoming a healer." Sirius wiped the sweat from his brow. "Her sister...where is she?"

"We need to finish the battle. Then, we can inform the survivors," Remus said, patting his friend's shoulder.

Harry ran over, wincing as he caught sight of Colin. "I thought we could save him," the boy-who-lived said, voice hoarse.

"We still can save many more, Mr. Potter," Shacklebolt said, coming to join the small gathering. "We just need to move it. We can't stay here crying over those that are gone. There's time for that later."

"Help!" Lavender Brown called. Everyone turned to watch Fenrir push her out the window. Remus bared his teeth, running toward the wolf that destroyed his life.

"Remus, wait, I'm your partner!" Dora ran after him. She cast a shielding charm in front of him, effectively deflecting the curse Fenrir sent Remus's way. The DADA teacher threw Sectumsempra at the werewolf. Blood spurted everywhere.

"Do we technically count that death for Severus?" Shacklebolt asked, crossing his arms. "It is technically his spell."

"Shacklebolt, so help me," Dora said, gritting her teeth. "This is not a game."

"It is if you want everyone here staying sane."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Hannah hummed a merry tune while she searched for Neville. She hadn't quite known why she volunteered to look for him. Well, other than the fact that he was devilishly handsome. She had been trying to get his attention for some time. He had yet to realize she was flirting. She shook her head. Boys.

A scream echoed throughout the chamber. Hannah ran, finding Bellatrix LeStrange laughing over a writhing Neville. The young Hufflepuff gasped in horror, drawing Bella's attention away from the poor boy.

"Ah, Miss Abbott. I recall you once were a part of Muggle Studies," Bella said, eyes sparkling devilishly. "I was just showing young Mr. Longbottom here what happens when we become interested in filthy, dangerous things. Shall we take turns now?" The death eater cast a Cruciatius at Hannah, and the girl dropped, screaming.