The Playboy's Fugitive Bride - Chapter 4

The kiss was deep. Deep and thrilling. His hot tongue wrapped around hers, probing, thrusting, sucking a response out of her. His hands were everywhere on her body. On her breasts, molding and kneading until her nipples became so hard they were painful to the touch. She shuddered as his fingers trailed slowly down her belly to the junction of her thighs, nestling against the entrance to her moistened sex. He whispered something in a foreign tongue, and she opened for him. His voice was hypnotic. She felt warm and full and achy...

"Nia..."

He leaned over her, fully clothed while she lay naked and vulnerable on the bed. He smiled then lowered his head to suck a nipple into his mouth. She whimpered...

'Nia. Wake up, sleepyhead."

"No. Go away."

Her body was alive, pumping with urgency. She reached for him, wanting him...

"If you don't wake up, pussycat, I will get back into bed with you. And we will spend the entire day making passionate love."

Nia's eyes flew open. She gasped when she saw Massimo sitting on the side of the bed, a wicked grin on his face. She jumped up as reality struck her. Then she hurriedly dived back into the mattress when she realized she was naked. She grabbed for the silk sheet, pulling it all the way up to her chin. When and how did she get naked?

"Sweet dreams?" Massimo's eyes drank in the erotic picture she presented. A full pouting mouth and long dark lashes fanning enormous aphrodisiac eyes. He had been watching her seductive little movements on the mattress, fighting the temptation to crawl back into bed and finish where they left off last night.

"My dreams are off limits to you."

"Were you dreaming about me, about us, pussycat?"

"Don't you wish." She cut her eyes at him. "And stop calling me pussycat."

He leaned closer and planted his palms on either side of her body. "But you do purr like one. And after last night—"

"Last night?"

Massimo cast his mouth downward in a feigned wave of disappointment. "Don't you remember?"

She shook her head and clutched the sheet tighter to her throat.

"Let me see." Noticing her death grip on the sheet, Massimo altruistically reached out and brushed away the strands of hair that had fallen across her face. "Immediately following dinner, you asked me to kiss you."

Her forehead creased in confusion. "I did?"

"Si. You begged me, actually."

She gulped. "And... and... wha... what happened... next?"

"What happened next? Well, you threw your arms around me and refused to let me go. You were all over me and I couldn't get you off, even after I repeatedly reminded you about the 'no sex for a week' clause in our agreement. You said it was a stupid clause. You couldn't imagine my delight at hearing those words. So I picked you up and brought you to bed. I even had to undress you. It was a struggle, but well worth the effort after we—"

"We didn't! Did we?" Nia's mind reeled as she fought through the foggy images. She remembered dinner, the tasty lobster bisque, and all that fine wine. She remembered getting on the elevator, but everything else was a blur. Everything except the vivid images of Massimo's hard naked body lying next to hers, holding her, kissing her, molding her to him. But that was a dream. It had to be a dream!

"Oh, Nia, you really know how to emasculate a man. Here I was, thinking I'd been so thorough in my lovemaking, that I'd satisfied you beyond your wildest imaginations, only to hear that you don't even remember making love with me at all."