Season 2 episode 1 what lies ahead.

Start from the beginning

We stare at each other until it's hand comes forward, it stops right in front of my left eye drawing a star in the air before retracting the hand. It stared at me, the Hoard finally coming to its end. Suddenly there was shuffling on the other side of me, another one on its knees and hands staring at me. They locked eyes with each other then at me, I assumed they were gonna race to see who would eat me first but instead they stood back up and started walking. I lifted my hand off of my mouth, it was shaking badly, I turned my head to Rick who was already staring at me "did they bite you?" He whispered. I shook my head, I assume someone got out from underneath the car early because there was a scream. Rick got out from underneath the car and raced over while the rest of us quietly got out from underneath the cars or our hiding places. As I get up I feel a stinging pain in my back, I look on the ground to see blood and glass shards 'when did that appear?' I thought as I got up 'why didn't they eat me? A star over my left eye? Did I just have my main character moment?' I stare at my hand for a few minutes until I hear footsteps "y/n!" Someone shouts. My head snaps up to see a walker, it walked right past me, I grabbed my knife and stabbed it in it's head 'am I dead? Why the fuck are they ignoring me?!' I thought before looking to where the voice had came from. I see Tdog holding his arm as he walked to the Rv "holy bujezus, what in the fuck happened to you?" I asked gesturing to his arm covered in blood and a huge cut "car cut me" I looked at him dumbfounded "that can happen?" I asked "apparently" he shrugged.

I watch Glenn messing with car parks "Glenn." I call sitting cross-legged on the hood of a car "yeah?" He replies "two- no three." I stopped myself for a second "walkers? You've killed more than three" Glenn says "no." I say "three." Glenn stops "what do you mean three?" He asks turning his head over his shoulder to look at me "three walkers.. two stared at me, one ignored me.." I said slightly quiet "not possible, are you sure? Or are you imagining things?" Glenn asked "I'm probably imagining things" I whisper 'I know what I saw.' I thought as I looked out in the forest "you sure?" He asks again "yeah" I sigh. I saw a walker staring at me from the tree line "glenn" I whisper only for him to ignore me "glenn" I whisper louder not taking my eyes off the walker "yes?" He asks "glenn!" I whisper shouted "what?!" He shouted whilst turning around. I take my eyes off the walker to look at Glenn "..nothing" I hop off the hood of the car and walked to the other cars.

I stopped and planted my elbows on the trunk of a small car, I buried my head in my hands I felt like I was 5 again. When you're being happy or loud or just yourself and your parents yell at you and compare you to calmer kids. I heard a growl, I looked over the same walker who drew the star and the tree line. It stared at me "you aren't real." I whisper turning away from it. Suddenly I was tackled down, I turned around and attempted to stab it only for it to grab ahold of both my wrists and hold me there. It's hand hovered above my head then touched my forehead, it felt cold and wet. I could feel it drawing the pattern before sitting upwards and letting go of my wrists. It stood up and ran into the woods, I sat up and stared at where it sat before it took off. I got up and walked backwards a few steps before turning around and speed walking back to the others, my eyes glued to the ground as my head tilted down.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I tensed and whipped around pulling my knife out and almost stabbing whoever it was in the head "y/n!" The person shouted. My eyes focused "Daryl" I whispered "what's wrong with you? I've been calling your name for the past 30 min- what's up with your forehead?" He asked stopping his sentence and staring at my forehead "huh?" I wiped my hand over my forehead before bringing it down to look 'blood..' my breathing started to pick up as I looked at the tree line. It stood there watching us both "did you draw a star on yer forehead out of blood to make yerself feel special?" He asked chuckling slightly. Tears pooled in my eyes "y/n?" Daryl grabs my shoulders "I'm not- it's- can't be-" I said in between breaths "y/n, calm down. What's wrong?" Daryl asked "it's real." No more words fell out of my mouth, I stared at the tree line. Daryl looked over and The walker was gone.

Daryl kept calling my name before he grabbed my arm and dragged me back to the others. The only words that kept repeating in my mind "it's real, it's not fake. It's real, it's real, it's real." Suddenly someone was in front of me "y/n?" A rough voice spoke "hm" I hummed and looked up to be met with ricks eyes "what's wrong boy? Ever since the close call with the walkers you've been more.. weird?" I turn to the tree line "it was right there, then it was in front of me, ontop of me, it fled, it was back there and now it's gone." I whispered "what was?" Rick seemed like he heard nothing I had just said "the walker." I slowly turn back to him "y/n, it was just your imagination." Rick sighs "if it was my imagination.. why did you bring up the walkers from earlier? You saw it happen and I told no one but Glenn that they ignored me" Rick stiffens "y/n, you probably just drew that on yourself" Rick nervously chuckles. I lift up my hands to show a non blooded hands "y/n-" suddenly he was a walker jumping on me.

My eyes opened with my breath quickened, I fell asleep.. I looked up at the tree line. It was there, staring. I felt my head, blood. My eyes widened I walked to the others, Daryl and Rick weren't back and I wiped the blood star off of me. Glenn was still working on the RV with Dale. I sighed and walked into the rv, I sat down and stared outside until Andrea walked in. I glanced at her lifting up my hand off the table slightly as a waving motion, she does the same back. I rest my head in the palm of my hand whilst my elbow rested on the table, I lean against the glass.

Suddenly a hand smashed against the glass, I looked down unfazed to see Carl giggling. I smiled ever so slightly upon hearing his laughter "you got me, almost shit my pants" I lied "ew" he laughed, once Carl was gone my smile dropped 'I don't think I can do this, if I kill myself I'll break my promise to Lori but if I live.. if I live I guess whilst protecting Carl I can throw my life on the line. Carl lives and I have a chance at dying, win win.' I thought before sighing. I crossed my arms on the table before resting my head on them.

I woke up with a head ache, I looked around, The door was closed and everyone was asleep. I picked up my stuff and walked out closing the door behind me. I looked at the tree line, there the walker stood waiting. I walked toward it only for a hand to be placed on my shoulder "and where do yer think yer going?" He asked "up your ass." I shake my shoulder out of his grip and continue walking. Once I made it to where the walker was, the only thing separating us from killing each other was the cement between us. I crossed my arms as it did the star motion with its hands "I don't know what that means." I pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. It points to its left eye and draws a star over it. I sighed and took a few steps back, I looked around before landing back on the walked "so you know where the blonde went?" I asked crossing my arms. It groans as a response "that's not an answer" I face palm, it roars "that's- acceptable, if you do just raise your left hand" it raises its left hand "great, show me but if you try anything I'll kill you." I hopped over the cement.

After a few hours of walking around, dodging smaller hoards and single walkers we saw a deer "awe" I say stepping closer. Suddenly there was a loud bang, I fell onto my knees holding my stomach. There was pain, so much pain. I struggled to stay awake. I looked up to see a man walking over "shit!" He shouted before there was a rush of wind on my face 'am I ascending?' I thought as my eyes slowly closed.

Pov Rick

We walk in the forest, y/n's been missing for the last few hours. Daryl says he went for a walk to clear his head but never returned, it's affecting him slightly. I understand, if I ever lost Carl I'd never be the same. Suddenly the sound of branches and leaves were heard. I hold my hand up signaling the others to stop and slow down quietly. Before pointing in the direction of the sound, me and Shane had our guns ready. I look in between the trees unable to identify wether or not it's a walker. I take a few steps forward only for it to step out into a clearer area, I smile upon seeing it's a deer. Shane holds his gun up "Shane." I whisper grabbing his attention, Carl steps forward as Shane moves to the side slightly. Shane turned to me then to carl with a slight smile, carl was smiling widely as he walked up to the deer quietly. Carl turned back to us then continued walking to the deer. We watched the deer turn to carl because he stepped on a branch it's right ear flickering. Carl continued forward suddenly he fell back and the deer fell down, the sound of a gunshot was heard "oh no" Shane whispers "no.. NO NO NO NO!" I shouted repeatedly as we ran towards carl.