A TALE. 1

Faint voices screaming and yelling in Vinxia Academy, but this was only because of a specific reason: Arien, the top student of the school once again won the spotlight due to how amazing he was. Everyone adored him in the hallways, especially the girls due to how good he looked from their point of view. Would've been obvious to know that they voted for him.

(ARIEN'S MIND)-[To be honest, it was quite easy to win once again. There's never another challenger, I'm getting bored and I wanna compete with somebody. It's always the same every year, probably because of how amazing and charming I am. I don't blame them.]

PRINCIPAL "Don't get too ahead of your thoughts now, Arien. You have another competitor.
ARIEN "Oh? And who just might that be?"
A certain girl walks up to the podium, facing Arien on the opposite side of the stage.

(ARIEN'S MIND)-
[NIA? Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me, out of every single person in this school? It just had to be my worst enemy, and it's worse cause she's as smart as me too.]

Nia takes a good look at him, sighing in disappointment that it just HAD to be Arien instead of somebody else. Already knowing his big ego and cocky personality, he'll be quite annoying.

(NIA'S MIND)
-[Dude, seriously? Do I have to go against an asshole like him? This will surely be a fun challenge, not for me but for him. I hate this guy so fucking much, out of EVERY SINGLE PERSON in this room. It just had to be him, it just had to be huh? Where's the other smart assholes who could've gone up.]

Everyone was shocked, but in awe that Nia was a competitor this year. No one had ever challenged Arien to the spotlight, but now that Nia is here it's gonna take them a few months to pick such a winner. They'll have to prove themselves worthy for the next months to reach the such spotlight.

PRINCIPAL "Well, that seems to be a wrap! Nia and Arien will be proving themselves for the spotlight. Make sure to watch over their movements to see who's worthy of such a reward!"
After everyone left, it was just Nia and Arien staring at each other still on that podium. And silence filled the room quite quickly.

ARIEN "Heh, it just had to be you huh? It just had to be. You know, I really DON'T like you. I just want you to know that this is not some game where we get along, this is something serious. Something that can DROP our reputation quite fast, I'd watch out if I were you."

NIA "That's funny, Arien, quite the jokester aren't you? Last time I checked, I didn't give a single fuck about what you ever said you know? I get that this is something serious and so important to you but don't get so cocky sweetie. I would really watch out for you, especially with your reputation? Tuh, I'd like to see you try."

ARIEN "Ohoh, wow! Getting feisty there, huh sweetheart? Haha, triggered something didn't I? Well, I'm not sorry for whatever I have said. Anyways, how about we continue this later? Bell might ring in a minute or two and I don't think I wanna mess up my early streak now."

NIA "Yeah, okay asshole! We'll continue this another time since you wanna act so BOLD about your streaks now due to me competing with you."
So Nia and Arien went both their separate ways, they might get a bit worse than enemies due to the fact they're competing with each other now...

[ARIEN'S POV.]

(ARIEN'S MIND)
-[Sigh, I can't believe I go against Nia for the competition. I didn't always have such a close relationship with her because we never got along due to such different personalities, and interests, and we used to annoy each other and still do. Heh, I don't quite see how we could be friends after a couple of years.]

Arien was suddenly blocked out of his thoughts when he heard people whispering in the classroom about him and Nia's competing. It made him sigh in his head due to not wanting to cause attention, he still has to keep up some type of reputation.

[NIA'S POV.]

(NIA'S MIND)
-[God, why does Arien always think he's so badass and shit? He's really not, all he's doing is feeding his ego way more than he should be and it's annoying. And he looks at me as the enemy, guessing so he can get a reaction out of me and end up teasing me for it. I hate him so fucking much, and there's not a day in my life when I'll actually like him or his personality. He really thinks he's being sly with his personality and sweetheart's huh? It's not working, it's really NOT working and he should know that, tuh.]

The bell was almost over and they both couldn't wait to go to their next class. But, then they realized they both had the same classes together and they both sighed.

[BOTH OF THEIR THOUGHTS.]
ARIEN -
I hate this class so much.
NIA - I really don't wanna meet him there, seriously. Why?

And before they knew it, the bell rang and they were suddenly in the hallway hearing whispering and gossiping around the school because they were all shocked that Arien had a competitor this year, and it was Nia. Everybody knew they hated each other at the moment.

Arien dazed off in his thoughts, not paying attention to where he was walking and he tripped on somebody's shoe (bob...) his heart immediately dropped and ached with fear once he realized who he fell into. It was Nia, and Nia was as shocked and angry at the same time. Way too many thoughts running through her head. Like as if time was slowing down.

People gasped, people, whispered, people were shocked and lastly, people were thinking they were something else.

Nia would've yelled if she wasn't in the competition with Arien, but she took the fall quite normally and faked a happy smile and tone at Arien as if she was his friend. Only doing this just to not break her reputation in front of the whole school. So, she let out her hand.

NIA "Hehe, seems like you need a hand Arien?" she said with a fake smile.
Arien was at first shocked, but then he took the hint, a little too much of the hint actually. And so he took her hand so he could get up from the dirty floor.

ARIEN "Oh wow? Nia helping me up, heh, well thank you, princess! I "certainly" needed a hand there. Thanks for your so kind offer, Nia. But, I'll take my happy little leave now."
Nia chuckled a little bit at his foolishness but was still annoyed at him.

NIA "Yeah, take your leave! I don't think I want to see your face anymo- I mean,  I wouldn't want to see your face afterward if you had gotten a bruise from falling. Yeah."
Arien laughed, but he still walked off to another hallway while Nia went to the other hallway. Even though they had the same class together, I don't think they wanna walk together.

[NIA'S POV.]

(NIA'S MIND)-[Sigh, I can't wait to get home... It'll be a Saturday so I won't have to face Arien hopefully then. I don't know what he was implying when he decided to call me "Princess" in front of the whole school. Is he really that stupid, I'd hate to see rumors about us after this. Oh wait, I probably just jinxed the whole thing.]

Nia sighed loudly in her head disappointed in Arien's foolishness once again, and this time it was about something that wasn't even true about them. She had only another hour and 30 minutes to spend in this school with everyone else, including Arien. She just simply went on to her last bell and tried to forget about what happened. 

The bell rang and everyone was in their last class, silence filled the room as the teacher taught the lessons. Arien was so bored in this class, he genuinely hated how there were no activities or projects, just learning. And if they were to have a project then it would just be one each month. 

The only way Arien could entertain himself at least a little bit was by taking glances at everyone, including Nia. Not like he wanted to but, competitions like this? You might as well keep an eye on your opponent's steps. And, he's still recollecting his thoughts trying to remember what he was thinking about before he tripped in the hallway.

Nia was bored but she did pay attention to the teacher too, at some point she looked over and caught Arien taking a quick glance at her. She didn't give him a look this time and decided to ignore it since what had happened in the hallway made her conflicted with her thoughts.
To get over it, she was just about to fall asleep but the bell rang.

She sighed but she got out of the classroom, walked to her locker, and got her things before anything else could happen. Nia did hear Arien behind her talking to his friend, Xvyn. She didn't exactly care too much anyways so she just got out of the school and walked home. Arien did give her a few stares, but it wasn't like they had emotion, just simple stares.

He walked home himself and tried to forget about this day,  he sighed from exhaustion of today. Luckily it was a Saturday so he wouldn't have to deal with anything until next week.
ARIEN "God, what a tale."

FIN - CHAPTER 1