All those little things....

Start from the beginning

Since then he had seen Karan and Monami progress in their relationship from be it friends, to again estranged strangers, to lovers and now to being each others fiancé he had quite literally witnessed it all.

Karan had done all those little things knowingly or unknowingly for Monami without realising that he was falling for her so be it giving her his blazer jacket since her dress strings had come loose, or singing a song for her, standing up for her against her dad, dancing with her despite the fact that he hated dancing, making a small terrace garden for he' and well the list would never end. He knew for a fact that all this meant the world for his moti billi.

He was thankful to god for bringing Karan into Monami's life. Sid would always be there for his moti billi but now he was glad he wasn't the only one who cherished and loved Monami the way he did. His moti billi deserved all the love and care in the world and he damn well knew Karan was the right person to give it to her.

As he stood there in his reverie he felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned around to find Karan.

'Oh bro aap ho mai toh dar hi gaya tha.' Sid said

'Tu yaha kya kar raha hai iss samay?' Karan questioned.

'Kuch nahi bro bass aese hi mann kia toh aagaya terrace pai.'

'oh acha theek hai. Chal mai chalta hu tum bhi so jau kal drills hai.' Karan said and turned around to leave when he was stopped in his track by Sid.

'Karan bro!' Sid called

Karan turned around and looked at Sid with raised eyebrows and a questioning look. What happened next startled Karan, Sid had hugged him tight which kinda made Karan loose his balance but managed to steady himself.

Karan slightly patted Sid's back, he wondered what had happened in the past few minutes before he came that Sid had engulfed him in a tight hug. Just as he was about to ask he her Sid tell him 'Thank you bro. A big thank you.'

Huh thank you ? Why was Sid thanking him he wondered. Sid broke the hug and saw the quizzical expression on Karan's face.

'Yeh hi soch rahe honge na aap ki maine Thank you kis chee ke liye kaha?' Sid said as if he read Karan's mind. Karan nodded his head in agreement.

'Well bro thank you iss baat ke liye ki aap Monu se itna pyaar karte hai, trust me you mean the world to her. Jab aap nahi the na maine Monu ko dekha hai roz toote huye, par usne kabhi bataya nahi. She was just a living body with no soul. Uski jaan hi uske pass nahi thi tab Monu ko dekhna was just too painful. Lekin jabse aap wapas aaye hai Monu pehele ki moti billi ban gayi hai. Thank you for loving her so much.' Sid completed while kissing the back of Karan's hand.

Karan wiped his hand on the hoodie and replied, 'Thank you galat insaan se keh rahe ho Sid. Sach kahu toh Rani Saheba agar nahi hoti toh shayad mai kabhi apne andhero se bahar aata hi nahi Wahi toh hai jinhone meri zindagi mai Roshni bhari wapas. Aur iss dil ko uski dhadkan mil gayi. Sach bol raha hu Siddharth ab toh Rani Saheba ke bina raha bhi nahi jaata. Itna sab kuch hone ke baad toh bilkul nahi. So isliye mujhe thank you mat bolo.'

'Aap ko ek baat batau, uss dinn jab mai Daddyji ke farm jaa raha tha na mai tab Monu se milne terrace pai aaya tha kyuki I knew ki woh bohot pareshaan hogi mere liye. Par jab mai aaya I saw you trying to lift her mood, aap uske chehre pai smile lekar aaye. Aur mai yeh smile wapas khone kaise deta isliye mai waha se chala gaya aur woh chit chod kar gaya.' Sid said truthfully.

'Agar tum aajate toh Monami itna hyper nahi hoti tumhaara woh chit dekhke. Usse handle karne bohot mushkil hoagaya tha.' Karan replied his heart still clenched remembering his dhadkan's hysteric reaction on reading the letter.

'But I knew ki aap usse sambhal loge. And mujhse zyada better Monu ko koi nahi samjhta not even that Walnut. Isliye jab bhi Monu ko aap ke saath dekhta hu na I feel contentment at heart for her. Monu ko finally koi aesa mila hai joh usse bohot pyaar karta hai, care karta hai uski aur uske feelings, dreams, ambitions ki respect karta hai. And I feel aapse better Monu ke liye aur better soulmate nahi milta.' Sid said earnestly pouring his heart out eyes brimming with tears.

'Woh toh mai tumhaare liye bhi keh sakta hu Sid. Rani Saheba ke saath bachpann se ho tum aur tum dono wakai mai bohot hi ache dost ho. Aese dost har kisi ko milne chahiye. You are the best and perfect best friend for Rani Saheba Sid and I'm really glad she's had you along side her all this while.' Karan said while patting Sid's back and giving a hearty smile.

'Ab chale bohot hogayi senti baate kal agar late huye drills ke liye toh 50 laps extra karwaunga.' Karan said to lighten the atmosphere.

'Yess yes I know aap punishment dena nahi chodoge. Waise bro can I call you jeez bro ?' Sid asked nervously.

'Jeez bro?' Karan asked.

'Haa since you and Monu are engaged you are my to be bro-in-law and jiju sounds too boring isliye jeez bro.' Sid explained to Karan who gawked at the former in surprise.

'Haa sure joh tum chaho but sirf off the field.' Karan agreed, Sid gave a jump of excitement kissed Karan's hand yet again and set off towards the terrace exit.

'Thank you jeez bro and good night may you have sweet dreams of Monu.' Sid said teasingly and ran off from there not waiting for Karan's reaction or reply.

Karan who was wiping his hand on his hoodie turned a slight shade of red at Sid's statement and shooke his head in amusement at his Rani Saheba's best friend. And he too set off to sleep but before that we wanted a good night kiss from his Rani Saheba.

So that's an end to this OS, hope you guys liked it.....

Since we barely got SidRan scenes post Moran confession this idea popped in my mind. I don't know if its up to the mark or not I felt it was low-key trashy, but anyways this was on my mind since a long time so penned it down.

Hasn't been proof read so please ignore the grammatical errors.

If you liked this OS do vote and comment.

Until next time Adiosss 🌻🍃

Yours Truly,
Sara 🤍💫