Rebecca only shrugged, keeping her gaze forward – though her eyes had flickered nervously as they began nearing the more populated side of the castle, seemingly keeping an eye out for the exact trio that had been searching for her. They had both fallen into a relatively comfortable silence as they walked, and while she wanted to question exactly why he was walking with her – let alone how he had found her the moment she emerged – she was questioning more on just why she actually had felt comfortable at all with someone she barely knew.

"Do you reckon I could pull off a mohawk?" George had blurted out suddenly, his hands already pushing his mop of hair upward as he side-glanced the Ravenclaw.

Rebecca immediately shook her head no, sparing him a glance before she was ducking down a different hallway. As if she had been trying to lose his presence, she had failed horribly. George was quick to fall right back into step with her, still not knowing the destination.

"We have detention in like three hours," He hummed, stuffing his hands into his robe pockets, "have you actually ever gotten detention before?"

The Ravenclaw shook her head a couple times, a spot of embarrassment creeping up her neck, "yeah, I figured as much," George mused, stifling a chuckle, "we'll have to meet McGonagall in her classroom, and she'll dish out punishments there. There's no telling what she'll give us, really."

"I've had to clean parts of this castle I never knew existed," He continued to babble mindlessly, not really caring or not if the girl was actually paying attention or not – she was, "I've also had to help the house elves wash dishes, so that was rather entertaining. They kept rewashing the ones I had just finished and out away."

Rebecca had cracked a faint smile at that, easily imagining the frustration on both an elf and George's face as they practically fought to wash a single dish correctly. As they neared Ravenclaw tower, she had turned slightly to the ginger who stood curiously inspecting the eagle door-knocker.

"See you," She offered him in a short voice, answering the riddle in seconds time before she was stepping inside the drafty common room and the door was shut behind her.

*

It was almost dinner time when Rebecca had finally plucked up enough courage to walk down to Professor McGonagall's classroom, nearing the transfiguration wing in slow, hesitant steps. Seeing as she was actually more than a few minutes late, the time accidentally-on purpose slipping away from her – she figured it was better to get it over with.

"Miss Carrow," Minerva began the moment the girl stepped into the classroom, peering up in what looked to be surprise before she was slowly rounding her desk, "what are you doing here?"

"I have detention..?" Rebecca stated slowly, her eyebrows furrowing slightly, "burst a paint balloon atop Bronwyn Henderson's head in the Great Hall."

"Yes, I knew that," The older woman retorted, the faintest of smiles threatening the corner of her mouth before falling just as quick, "I had only meant...well, I didn't expect you to come.."

"Why wouldn't I...?" A shudder of mortification laid deep within Rebecca's bones as soon as the realization clicked and she met her Professor's pitiful gaze.

Of course Professor Lupin had told her, he probably told all of the other professors – he probably was bound by wizarding law to even tell the Headmaster. The mere thought had the girl grimacing to herself and fearing the eventual downfall. Perhaps that was the reason she was so easily able to hide away, and the reason Professor Flitwick had turned a blind eye to her after she had scuttled across his view. Either way, while she knew she couldn't exactly be mad at Professor Lupin for doing his job, she was extremely weary to meet Minerva McGonagall's searching gaze.