Prologue

"You're shaking

"You're shaking." I hear Greg comment from behind me, my eyes falling shut as I take a deep breath to attempt to calm how nervous I am.

I can't stop shaking but I am about to get married.

"It's just Niamh, chill out." He continues to talk to me.

"That's the problem." I sigh, "It's Niamh, I need to be perfect."

I met Niamh when we were younger, she was seventeen and I was nineteen when we started dating however. Our families have been friends for years so naturally, we knew each other but she was my best friend's little sister who was annoying and always tried to interfere with our plans.

When I'd stay around his house for a sleepover, she'd crash with us always lying, telling us had a nightmare and used that excuse to stay with us because Patrick always caved for his little sister.

She was an adorable little kid, cheesy smile with her front teeth slightly longer than the rest, bright, happy eyes and just all round sweet.

As we got older, we drifted apart quite a bit but were brought back together due to an incident and I realised that I should've tried a little harder to be there for her because our families are so close.

Our friendship quickly became us realising our feelings, I remember the day I figured out how I truly felt about her. We'd gone out for a walk in this flower field she found the week before, there was a waterfall and this gorgeous little lake underneath.

It was her smile that did it for me.

Her fucking smile.

Lights up my entire soul, makes my insides feel so fuzzy and warm. She manages to make me feel like that every single day, that's why I got down on one knee and asked her to be my wife last year right by the waterfall that I fell in love with her by.

Almost a year later, I'm waiting for her to walk down the aisle and finally be my wife.

"Niamh gives zero fucks if you're perfect or not, she's seen you at your worst and she still decided to marry you." He chuckles, making me go to kick his shin the most subtle way and he groans quietly in pain.

He just had to remind me.

"Just shut up, you aren't helping." I grit my teeth to speak to him, I don't know why I picked him as my best man because he's so fucking annoying and definitely not helping me feel better or less nervous.

He chuckles and I take a deep breath as people rise from their seats and the music changes. We don't have any bridesmaids so I just get my girl without having to wait.

My pretty Niamh.

I don't think I could wait any longer, I just need to see her. I've been apart from her for too long now, I need her back in my arms and to finally be my wife.