𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍👸🏾 ✨

Start from the beginning

My work wasn't talked about in the GC, I wasn't paid much attention to and all so I withdrew into the background. 🤧Those were the worst moments of the competition.

As time passed and I kept on moving up, especially when I made it to top ten, I began opening up back and participating in conversations. That's why I don't have any word to sum up my experience except it's been crazy.

M: Such a lengthy answer! I like your honesty and I want to draw something to your attention.

I think the fact that you felt belittled at first worked in your favour. Do you know why? It made you put in more effort and see what happened? You came first!

C: 😂🔥🔥Another angle.

M: Did the competition meet your expectations?

C: Yes, it did. The only thing that I and some of my other contestants had a slight issue with is the length between the review results and the eviction night. Mostly because the longer it took, the more our anxiety grew.

M: Okay, we'll take this into consideration next year! What's one thing you learnt while you were still in the house?

C: I've learned three things in the house. While two things have made their way into my page of 'Never try!'.

Firstly, when writing a Nigeria-themed book, low down the Nigeria slang volume, especially when your work might reach different types of people and you might not have the chance to be able to translate.

Secondly, never and I mean never push something to the last moment. Procrastination is sweet until it costs you something.
The third will be to always thoroughly go through your work before submitting it.

M: Thank you! These are nice tips.

C: Aww, you complimented me. 😊

M: Yes. Those are great tips, I'll implement them too. What was the hardest stage for you throughout the competition?

C: Mystery stage. I don't even need to think twice. It was hard setting the tone. I was way over the word count and it was seven minutes to the deadline when I began editing. 🤧 It wasn't a nice one at all.

M: And how did you feel when you saw that you made it to the next stage?

C: I screamed when I read that I made it to the green line. The Judge's review left me feeling a bit scared, especially when I compared it to the others. I was honestly very grateful to God that I made it. I felt lucky.

M: I can imagine the excitement! What was the easiest stage for you?

C: Honestly, no stage was easy. The one that I enjoyed, even though the pressure was heavy on my shoulders, was the plot twist stage.

M: And based on the judges' reviews, do you think you delivered well?

C: 😂The reviews made me laugh honestly. Especially, the part when one judge said I should clap for myself. Even after this, I still had doubts about winning.

M: Could you shed more light on why you still had doubts?

C: Yes. Judge black, if I recall correctly, said the build-up wasn't that impactful for the twist I used. It didn't hit him. Not to mention the fact that my opponent's review had more compliments😂.🫠

Be in my shoes. You already have doubts about winning, a review says your twist wasn't twisting, and another review on your opponent's work is that you're a very good writer in and out of the competition. There's no way, especially if you're a human being, that you won't shake small.