When she said that Enid fell to the floor, Veronica catching her just in time while Daisy rushed to her bed to pick up a pillow for under her head.

"He's collecting trophies like a seasoned serial killer. It's impressive, actually."

"I think it was too much for her," Daisy muttered.

"For me too," Veronica whispered as she also fell backwards, but Daisy wasn't fast enough so they both went crashing down.

In their next lessons Enid still felt a little bit sick, even more so when she'd look at Ajax. So Daist assumed the date didn't go well...

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sеxual trickery or deception."

Daisy was sat next to Xavier, like always, but her eyebrows furrowed as her eyes shone with concern when he spun around to take a book. "What happened?" she whispered as her hands reached up to his collar where she saw three long stripes in his flesh.

"I tweaked my back fencing."

"-The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics-"

"Xavier don't lie," she whispered to him while Thornhill was still speaking, "We have fencing together."

"-a female insect, luring the males in. Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?"

"Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave'N."

Daisy rolled her eyes at Bianca's reply, even more so when she smirked at Xavier who gave her a sarcastic look back while putting his arm around Daisy's shoulders.

"Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework." At that the students went a little bit over excited, "Yes! But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee. Anyone interested, come and see me up here."

Daisy and Xavier both packed their stuff and walked outside the greenhouse, "You're not gonna volunteer? Aren't you pumped about disco balls and spiked punch? There's even a DJ. MC Blood Suckaz."

"Oh my lord," she laughed, maybe because of the name, or maybe because of his imitation. "Nes, are you going?"

"I'd rather stick needles in my eyes."

"I wouldn't expect anything less," Daisy said with a smile pn her face, "But maybe give it a chance."

Wednesday just shook her head as if she was going to throw up about the idea. "I'll probably do that anyway."

"Or you could invite someone and have a little fun," Xavier butted in. He was still trying to find a way to ask Daisy.

"And if you don't want to we could all go as friends?"

"Wha-"

"I'll think about it."

"And what about me?"

"What about you?"

"Who would I go with?"

"I don't know?" Daisy was teasing him of course. But she'd still do it if the other girls agreed. "Nobody has asked me yet so I am still open as a date for my friends."

"Wait, Flower!"

"I need your help," Wednesday said to Daisy, "again."

"Sure, what with?"

But she didn't get an explanation as she was dragged away by the pigtailed girl. But once she saw Xavier's shed get in view she ripped her hand from Wednesday's grip.

"I am sorry Nes, but what is going on?"

"We need to do this. Xavier didn't get those scratches from fencing," Wednesday tried to get her to see her insight. "He's hiding something."

"But Wednesday, this isn't the way we should be getting those answers!" Daisy exclaimed, her hands were outstretched besides her as she looked at her, considered, friend pointedly. "I didn't sign up for this alright! This is too far Nes!"

But the girls didn't listen instead she just opened the door to reveal dozens of drawings. Daisy didn't want to do it, she really wanted to respect Xavier's privacy. But this really was too interesting. "I suppose every artist needs a muse. Xavier, you just became that much more interesting."

On one side he had pictures about some weird animal, monster even. On the other side, which Daisy looked at longer, were pictures of her. She went over to some of them and looked at the backs. He always dated his drawings. They went back to when their friendship started to where they were now. She had been his muse all this time.

One picture was hidden beneath a lot of stuff, paintbrushes, pencils, other drawings, but when she looked at what he drew she took a sharp breath. She dropped everything back on the paper and looked towards Wednesday, who didn't seem to notice, deciding to focus on that side of the shed instead.

"What is this," she asked in a breathy whisper.

"I guess his other muse, the monster."

When Wednesday decided she had seen enough the two girls walked out the shed and were ready to return to the school grounds when they met Xavier himself.

"Wednesday, Daisy?"

"Xavier."

"Hello."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. What is this place?"

"It's kind of my private art studio. I cleared it out, fixed it up, so Weems let me use it. Daisy helped me she knows it?"

"How very entrepreneurial. I would love to see inside. Why don't you give me a tour?"

"Not right now. It's a total mess."

"I shadowed a crime scene photographer last summer. I'm not easily fazed."

"Maybe another time. Why were you looking for me?"

"I wasn't," Wednesday replied, "But Daisy asked my help in search of you."

Daisy had been standing to the side for the most part of the conversation and she didn't appreciate how Wednesday had just left her in the situation. But the girl did look back at her in a slight apologetic look.

"Why'd you need me Flower?"

"The scratches," she said, deciding now was the time she could ask him. "What really happened?"

The boy sighed, he didn't know why he lied in the first place. "I'll just show you."

He walked towards the door of his studio and opened it just a little bit. Daisy walked in after him and did as if she was surprised with what she was seeing. "What is it?"

"I don't know," he answered and somehow she knew he wasn't lying, she always knew. "It plagues my dreams. I drew it to try and get out my head, but it came to live and jumped at me."

As he was telling his story his hand reached up towards his neck, Daisy turned and looked at him in concern. She reached her hand out and took his, softly stroking the back of his hand so he would stop touching the scars. She smiled at him reassuringly and leaned forwards to softly peck his lips.

"I believe you," she whispered, "Thank you for telling me."

"Please go to the Rave'n with me?"

"Wouldn't want to go with anybody else."

He smiled as he stretched his arms out to wrap around her waist, pulling her closer and resting his head on her stomach.

"Can you explain one thing though?"

"Of course."

She walked forwards and reached for the drawing she had seen earlier of herself, "Why did you draw this?"