3

"It's aunt Alyssa, Jace." Luke reminded his brother once again.

"I don't care for all I know is that Alyssa Targaryen is nothing like what mother told us. She is-" Jace stops mid way trying to find words to describe his aunt but the only thought when it came to his aunt was Geive.

"She is?" Luke asks telling Jace to continue. "Didn't you see how she ignored our mother and sat besides Aegon instead?" Jace says. "Well she is the King's daughter and we are our mother's children. Just like how we should sit with our mother and each other, she too should sit with her father and her siblings." Luke says.

Jace hated it. He hated how right his younger brother was.

"But still didn't you see how she exited the room and talked only with Aegon and not mother or us? The sister our mother has been longing and praying for so long." Jace argues. "Mother is still recovering and needs rest, father said. Maybe aunt didn't want to disturb her. Plus you are just finding reasons to hate on her." Luke says making Jace scoff.

"And why would I do that?" Jace asks. "Maybe because it wasn't mother who was longing and praying for her sister. But a instead a certain nephew who prayed the Gods to send him his aunt while listening to the great fairytales recited to us by father when we go to bed." Luke says.

And once again Jace hated it. He hated how his younger brother was once again right.

"You talk too much." Jace says. "What??? I just answered your questions and you're just finding reasons to hate on my aunt." Luke says. "What's so special about her anyways?" Jace says. "Everything! She's like a princess!" Luke says with sparkly eyes as he saw his aunt no different than the fairy tale princesses. 

"She is a princess, Luke."

They enter the room to see their mother resting in her arm chair with Laenor catching the egg that was chosen for their brother by them. But what surprised them most was the blonde woman dressed in red who happened to be the main topic of their conversation a while ago standing in the center of the room carrying the baby Joffrey in her arms.

"He's growing fast...... and strong." 

Rhaenyra gives a small yet strained smile hearing the words of her sister. Rhaenyra over the years had grown to hate the word strong especially when it was used in the same sentences as the strong Velaryon princes she gave birth to.

"Boys!" Laenor was first one to notice the boys he called his sons. The two sisters quickly snapped their head towards the entrance of the door where the boys stood. "Come in Jace, Luke." Rhaenyra calls her boys towards her.

"Look your aunt is here to finally visit you." Rhaenyra says slightly pushing her boys towards her sister who knelt down with Joffrey still in her arms to match Luke's height.

"Hello, you two must be Jace and Luke. I'm Alyssa, your mother's younger sister." Alyssa says.

"Aunt is really pretty." Luke blurts out. "Why, thank you Luke. That's really kind of you." Alyssa says ruffling his hair causing him to let out a giggle.

"Jace." Rhaenyra nudges her eldest son. "Hello." Jace mumbles. "Hello, Jacaerys." Alyssa says and Jace frowns as he noticed how she called his younger brother by his nickname but with him she used his full name.

"It's late. I shall retire back to my chambers now." Alyssa says standing up and giving Joffrey back to his mother's arms.

.

..

...

The next day just like Alicent promised, she appointed the handmaidens for Alyssa herself. Choosing the best, loyal and the most diligent ones. One of them was Hana, the daughter of her own handmaiden Layla.

A beautiful red gown with black laces was chosen for the princess, the colors of House Targaryen fitting the Targaryen Princess.

"It's way more depressing than I remember." Alyssa mumbles as she walked in the cold corridors of the Red Keep. Despite being only five and quite young when her uncle Daemon took her as his ward she still remembered the Red Keep, even though the memory was abit hazy the feelings were still the same; depressing and the feeling of grim.

She made her way to the dining where everybody was already present and apparently waiting for her.

"Good morrow, sister." Rhaenyra was the first to greet her. "Good morrow." Alyssa mumbles as she goes to her seat which was besides Helaena.

Once again Jacaerys didn't like the lack of enthusiasm from his aunt's side and glared at her.

"What's the problem with this child?" Alyssa tries to ignore the glare as she broke her morning fast with rest of the Targaryens.

.

..

...

"Alyssa!!!!" 

Alyssa's much enjoyed silence and peace was broken when her half-brother and best friend entered her room in a sing-song manner.

"Sod off." she says turning the page of her book. "Oww. That was quite rude of you." Aegon says plopping on her neatly made bed.

"I think what's more rude is entering the room without her permission." Aemond quietly says. Alyssa looks up from her book to see all of her younger siblings and two nephews in her room.

"I should've had stayed in Essos." 

"How can I be of service to you guys?" she asks closing her book and keeping it on her night-stand.

"You're room's really pretty." Lucerys compliments. Alyssa's room in the entire Red Keep was probably the brightest and the most aesthetically pleasing, with large windows paired with ivory colored curtains, a nylon carpet laid across the cold stone floor, a dressing table with a large mirror decorated with flowers. It was the only room in the whole Red Keep with the walls actually having colors and designs, the designs were quite intricate with golden lining on the sage green and white walls. "Well, thank you Luke. Why don't you take a seat?" she asks pushing Aegon off of her bed and patting the now empty seat on her bed.

Luke happily makes his way towards her bed as Aegon whines still on the floor complaining how it was not fair for her to push him off on the ground and invite Luke to sit there instead.

"Now care to tell me why are all of you here in my room without any prior notice?" she asks. Her voice was demanding and slightly displeased by the act of indiscipline from her siblings and nephews.

Everybody in the room quickly got the hint that she wasn't really fond of their presence in her room without her permission despite the calmness displayed in her face.

"Lissy! I've something fun." Aegon once again jumps on her bed much to her dismay. "And what is that if I may ask?" Alyssa looks at Aegon who looked very eager.