Chapter 6: Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

On the second floor was his private gym and spa bathroom with a large round tub that could fit at least six people his size. He loved taking bubble baths. He had the great room renovated into a theater room and game room for when his family visited. He had a huge, adopted family, along with his mom, dad, and Tee.

His staff would come from the office to his home and complete their studio work on the first floor, allowing for bigger bonuses when they sold a song.

He liked going out, but he found that it was becoming more and more difficult. He needed all the protection he could get now that Zee was in his life. His protection was the most important thing to him.

He would call his staff to speak with the team at The Ritz and see how we can increase security for his future husband. They already make so many accommodations for his protection that a few more concessions should not be a problem.

He fought daily with his team, but the one rule was to NEVER come to the hospital and never interfere with his hospital work. Once he was home, he was all theirs, but he had to do his job, and having security around him constantly did not allow him the movement he needed in emergencies.

He would have much to explain to Nate when he finally went home. The head of the family security team is going to have his head. But right now, all he cared about was the man in the other room resting. Zee. His Hia, his future husband.

"Did I just call him my future husband?"

He was going to jinx it. He needed to push such thoughts from his mind and finish cleaning. After he was done, he picked up the garbage bags and tried to find Zee's keycard for the door and couldn't find it.

He took a shoe, stuck it in the door to prevent it from locking behind him, and headed to the garbage containers he saw when pulling in.

He would pick up his bag so he didn't have to come back out the rest of the day and focus on Zee.

He missed Max Kornthas Rujeerattanavorapan walking towards the door leading to Zee's apartment. Nu realized that things were different at this complex than at his. The security, in his opinion, was much too lax.

He was going to talk to Zee as soon as he got up. When NuNew returned to the door, Max looked at the shoe holding the door open. He knew who Max was. He knew this was his faen's co-worker.

NuNew cleared his throat, "Hello, P'Max, my name is NuNew, and I...".

"Who the hell are you? What are you doing at my Faen's door? Are you some crazy fan who thinks he can take a picture of him? Who sent you?"

NuNew jumped back from Max like he was physically punched in the stomach. The color drained from his face, and he felt physically ill. He felt the panic rise in him. He felt the need to run. To get as far away from this situation as possible.

"You...Yo," NuNew couldn't get his words to come out, his heart was shattering into a million pieces, and all he could do was press his palm against his chest to keep the pieces together.

He knew that he never could. It was too late. The damage was done. So now the love, so tragic when it was shattered.

"Run, NuNew, run before it's too late," his inner voice was screaming at him.

He knew it was too good to be true. Not even twenty-four hours. He didn't even get the weekend before the other shoe dropped. He should have known that.

Zee would have someone in his life. It must have been the drugs that he was on that made him say what he did. Even though he understood it, it still hurt so bad that he wanted to crawl into his bed and cry. He finally looks up at Max with tears in his eyes.