After Goodbyes by pea0buttersandwich

Start from the beginning

I didn't know either. From the minute he showed up at my doorstep to this, I had no clue why I was doing this.

"Thanks. But you're weird." He said, stepping out.

"Well, it is what it is!" I said, and he stepped out.

He started walking away, when my thoughts were voiced into words.

"Wait. Listen!" I yelled through the car window, and he turned around. My eyes lit up to see his shadow grow behind him as the sodium lamps glowed with his radiance.

"Yeah?"

"Remember me. Please?" I said.

"You're not very likely to be forgotten." He said with a smile.

"Goodbye, uhm. What's your name?" I stifled a smirk.

"Is this what it is about? Zed. Call me Zed." He winked, the one grand bill still fresh in his palm.

"Goodbye, Zed." I said, offering him what I would call close to a smile.

"See you again." I mumbled, hitting the gas when the engine roared to life. We drove all the way here to see each other again? Perhaps so.

"Hey, how are you going to get back home?" The thought hit me.

"No idea. Will use the money, get a bus... Get lucky?" He shrugged.

"Would you mind a ride then?" I asked. Was I pushing my luck? Only a little.

"After we said goodbye?" He furrowed his brows together.

"Think about it. You get to save money, and I get a gossip partner." Was I convincing enough? How I hoped to be.

"Umm. Is this a deal? If so, I want more." He said, and for the first time in the night I watched his dark eyes sparkle.

"What? Another grand?" No wonder how generous I may look, I couldn't do that. My money didn't jiggle wiggle, but neither did it have to get spent like an idiot.

"No!" He scoffed.

"Then?"

"Take the farthest route. And no one's stopping me from improvising things. Deal?" He asked.

"Okay. Fine. Deal." I said, as the pastel blue door flung open for him to get back to the seat.

As long as I am not going to be all alone... I turned the radio on.

'...Let's get out of this town,

Drive out of the city,

Away from the crowd...'

Taylor Swift sang to us, as I hit the curb, watching the moon grow on the summer sky.

"What a night!" I hear him mumble, smiling by myself. 'I know right', my conscience answers.

02. Deal

Zed

I haven't felt the country breeze this closely before. If it weren't for the missy in the driver's seat, I wouldn't have to be in this part of Fordshire. Ever since Pamela set me up with her friend, I expected her to be one of the many sugar mommies I had come across, much like Pamela herself. But something was off about her, ever since I laid my eyes on her. She didn't even dress enough to look the part. Baggy jeans, a worn off denim jacket, and a 90's scarf that she wrapped around her head.

I titled my head to watch her drive with ease, her brows furrowed together as if her head was a little too occupied with thoughts. What do rich people think about? I guess, I couldn't complain if she was already regretting her choice of company. No one wants to be seen with me. But the one grand bill in my hand had a different story to tell. Maybe popping the shirt buttons was worth it. What if I undo my pants? Would that earn me another grand? My mind was only accustomed to think about how fast I could land a tip in my pocket.