Legacy

And so, by the schizo powers invested in me, I bring you whatever the fuck this is.

____________________________

Galm 1: Cipher
Aircraft: F-15C Eagle
Markings: Blue wingtips and tail, Galm Squadron marking on tail
Fate: Survived the Belkan War as an ace known as "The Demon Lord", later disappeared from the world with no trace

G̶a̶l̶m̶ ̶2̶ ̶P̶i̶x̶y̶
Aircraft: F-15C Eagle
Markings: one red wing, Galm Squadron marking on tail
Fate: MIA
Classified: Shot down by Cipher after defecting to a terrorist organization, survived

Galm 2: PJ
Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon
Markings: Crow Squadron marking near cockpit
Fate: Killed by Pixy in a ADFX-02 Morgan

Galm Squadron helped end the Belkan War, resulting in the victory for Ustio. Galm single-handedly shot down ace squadron after ace squadron, fought in the bombing of Hoffnung which resulted in Pixy's idea to defect to AWWNB. Belka eventually set off 7 nukes to form a nuclear northern border, causing Pixy to defect and his failed attempt to shoot down Galm 1. PJ became Galm 2 shortly after.

Galm squadron would go through more operations until the battle of Avalon Dam, the resulting battle ended with the failed launch of V2 but the death of PJ and the successful shooting down of Pixy by Cipher. Cipher would go missing after several months later.

I read the paper over and over again. Where did my dad get this? I mean I knew he was a pilot, but he never told me his squadron. Always said it brought up bad memories. How is this related to him?

I know Galm team, everyone does. Famous for their seemingly unbeatable status as aces, but for one of them to defect? Well it was different from what we were told.

I don't really have a chance to ask him either. Took his life a month after I went into flight school. Never met my mother, died after giving birth to me. Nothing really changed for me, just got a lot lonelier and basically went mute.

Sure I can work with other people and talk, but I don't talk if I don't need to. Just focus on the day and get my work done.

I was never one to be first place, always did get outshined, but I was never last. More of a forgettable middle man, I ain't complaining though. Means I can get my shit done and not get annoyed by anyone.

"Coyote," I heard my wingman call out to me, "We go up in fifteen, get ready."

I simply made a loud knock sound on metal as he walked away. My old man would either be extremely proud of me, or he would have been disappointed. Never knew how he worked.

I grabbed my helmet and looked at my reflection in my visor. Short, black hair and brown eyes met brown eyes. I sighed as I put it under my arm before grabbing my harness and putting it on.

I got up and walked out the room, taking one last look at the report before I left.

I silently made my way through the hallways, I just wanted to get to my jet. I slowly picked up my pace after looking at my watch. I still had twelve minutes, but I felt like being early for once. As my old man used to put it: early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable.

The base was pretty generic for airbases. It had everything you'd expect an airbase to have, while having nothing of total significance. We were out in the middle of nowhere. I think the only true thing of importance were the planes we flew. We got the chance to fly the experimental versions of the F-15, we were the apparent 'test dummies' for this. I mainly flew the F-15 S/MTD, an F-15 with better maneuverability.