~Prologue: Meeting in Galacta Park~

Arata Sanada POV

"Hup." I say as I land lightly on my feet at the entrance of Kowloon Lv 1 with my hands in my hoodie's pockets.

"Heh. Looks like that Level 1 Firewall that blocked the way to get back to the Logout Zone is gone now. I wonder when that happened. Oh well, might as well check around here to see if there's any clues as to who put it up in the first place." I say to myself while walking forward towards Galacta Park.

I slowly come to a stop when I see a familiar Hacker's figure facing away from me while resting his chin on his hand when I reach the park. It seems he heard my footsteps as he turns around quickly to face me with a look of surprise before attempting to school his features to the blank mask he typically wears.

"This is an unexpected surprise. Not unwelcome at this time though." He says to me with a slight smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"I admit I wasn't expecting to see you either, Yuugo of Zaxon." I reply to him, hoping he won't go off on some sort of long-winded lecture like he's known to do and that Fei won't show up and instigate a fight with me.

"Don't...call me Yuugo...Call me Yuuvo. At least...when I'm not calling myself Yuugo..." He says to me while looking down at his feet.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask him in confusion. I don't know if it's just me, but he's acting different and I'm unsure what to think of it at this point.

"Sorry...but I can't tell you yet. Just know, you're not always talking to the same person with me. I wish that wasn't the case so we could talk as freely as we'd like but it's not in my power to do anything about it..." He explains to me while avoiding my gaze.

"I'm still confused, but I understand that you can't tell me more right now. However, why tell me this?" I say to him and then stumble back when he suddenly gets in close to me and cups my right cheek with his left hand before nearly brushing his lips against mine.

"Maybe I'll tell you if you can answer me this...why are you blushing like a tomato and not pulling away when I do this?" He says to me as my cheeks continue to heat up as I try to process his words and actions before he steps back with a soft smile and pink tint to his cheeks before leaving.

I notice a piece of paper in my hand and unfold it to see a DigiLine number with a warning that I might not always get an immediate answer but he'd answer when he could. Did he just...give me his number and nearly kiss me?! My blush immediately came back full force after I had just calmed down somewhat.

"Baka...You could've been less dramatic." I mumble to myself while shaking my head before I register the number in my Digivice. The next time he tries that I'm going to be controlling the kiss-Wait what am I even thinking?! Argh! I'll just log out. I then head back to the Logout Zone so I can logout and try to wrap my head around this in the comfort of my own home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...