Parents of Wei Wuxian (Part 8)

Start from the beginning

Madam Yu decides to say no more and returns to her place beside her husband.

All eyes are forward as they watch Wei Wuxian infiltrate the area once more. The Wens did not hold back on their word at all. He could already see so many differences everywhere. The flags that were once adorning the halls were all now torn down. The designs of the Lotus flower were all covered, and the bodies of his Clan members were now all burned into ashes. Ashes that he doesn't realize were already collected by his father. He looks around carefully and does his best to hide from anyone. He knew the entire area front to back. Side to side. He knew it all. He hides from around a corner with Ruoye at the ready as a member approaches. Once they are into view he grabs a hold of their neck and slams them into the nearest wall with Ruoye now tightly wrapped around their throat.

"Ah..! Y-Young M-Master...Wei...?!"

This voice sounded familiar. And the look of the Wen in front of him also appeared to be familiar. Compared to the other ruthless men wandering around, this boy appeared to be fragile and pale in the face. He couldn't put up much of a fight. That's when it hits him. He had met this boy once and had even defended him before during the archery competition. Wen Ning.

"You..."

"Y-Young Master Wei...i-it's me....! Wen Ning...! Remember...?!"

Wei Wuxian takes a moment to remember their previous interaction. Once he does he realizes the differences between him and the others. He slowly lowers him to the floor as Wen Ning struggles a bit to regain his breath. However, he continues to be on guard as he could not bring himself to trust a single Wen in existence.

"Where is he...?"

Wen Ning rubs his throat and looks back up to him in confusion for a moment, but then realizes who he means.

"Ah, Y-Young Master Wei....I only just arrived here recently....but..um...I...I know where he is. I can take you to him...!"

Wei Wuxian is left to make a choice here and now as he wasn't sure if this boy should be trusted. But something inside of him told him to do so.

"Take me to him. Now. If you cause me any trouble...I will kill you."

Wen Ning isn't scared at the thought and merely nods.

"I promise. I won't go back on my word....follow me please," He says quietly and quickly leads him through the halls.

"How can he trust a Wen so easily?! They just slaughtered our people! And you expect me to believe he cares?!" Madam Yu shouts with a hiss between her teeth.

"Shut up."

Hua Cheng raises a hand as a small group of silver butterflies form to ensnare her in a full web cocoon with some of the webbing sealing her lips shut.

"Pay attention."

Xie Lian sighs and rubs his temples with his fingers as he watches. A headache was not what he needed nor wanted.

"Please take a breath gege..."

"San Lang...."

Hua Cheng sighs softly as he lightly taps a butterfly at his shoulder. On Xie Lian's side a butterfly lands on his forehead allowing the little creature to provide a bit of comfort as if the butterfly was planting its own soft kisses to his forehead. Xie Lian sighs lightly and relaxes himself. While he had nothing to be relaxed about, he needed to compose himself. He didn't want to lose control of his emotions. Should he do so then the heavens may as well fall once more.

Their focus returns to their son as Wen Ning manages to bring Jiang Cheng back to Wei Wuxian. However, his adoptive brother was not in good condition. In an attempt to help them, and to also repay Wei Wuxian for his kindness. He helps the two to escape to Yiling. There he introduces them to his elder sister Wen Qing. Another Wen that they could trust. Wei Wuxian wasn't so sure at first, but his only concern was the life of his brother. Jiang Cheng remained as his first priority. Yet Wen Qing challenged that notion with an iron fist. Since the two were going to be staying with them for a bit, it meant that Wei Wuxian needed to abide by her rules. This meant that he needed to care for himself. With no place to argue, he allowed for her to do what a doctor does best. Help the ill and injured.