E.6.

Sidharth opened the door for tired Sana. She passed him a slight smile and gave him two bags.

"Yeh kya hai Ma'am?",asked Sidharth.

"Aaj Friday hai bhool gaye? Tumhaare liye khaana hai. Woh tumhaare Lucky Mascot, Shehnaaz ne bheja hai.", Said Sana.

"Yeh pata hai ma'am. Par iss dusre bag mein kya hai?", He asked.

"Khudh khol ke dekh lo..", she said and started to climb the stairs.

"Ma'am aapne khaana khaaya?", He asked her.

"Mujhe bhook nahi hai.", She said.

"Kyu?", He asked.

"Kyu kya? Bas nahi hai..", she replied.

"Ma'am, kal main yaha se chala jaunga, toh kya hum ek aakhri baar saath mein khaana khaa sakte hai?", Said Sidharth.

Her steps came to halt as her heart ached. She had been sad all the while because he was going away from her. He was getting a shared accommodation from his new employer which was closer to the office.

"Please..", he pleaded.

She nodded and took a U-turn to return to him. He smiled and kept the other bag to the side. While she washed her hands, he served the food for both of them. The ever talkative and teasing Sana was quiet today.

"Pata hai Ma'am, main Friday's ke liye kitna wait karta hoon, yeh tasty khaana khaane ke liye.", He said.

"Hmmm..", she hummed.

"Agle hafte se uske khaane ko miss karunga..", he said in a depressed tone. She looked at him silently who was lost eating the food.

"Aur mujhe?", She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Huh? Kya?", He asked not able to connect with the question as she had taken quite a long gap to ask.

"Kuch nahi..", she nodded her head in denial with a faint smile.

He looked at her perplexed not understanding what she meant. Having found her gaze on his lips, his cheeks turned warm due to shyness. His heart thudded loudly against his ribcage and his eyes closed involuntarily, when she stretched her hand and placed her it on his cheek. When her thumb brushed on the corner of his lips, it twitched slightly.

Having lost the contact of her touch, he opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Woh tumhaare hont pe khaana laga tha..", she mumbled.

"Hmmm..", he nodded putting his head down and continued having his dinner.

"Agle Sunday football match hai Wilson Stadium mein. Delhi Dinos aur Bengal Tigers ke beech..", said Sana.

"Oh.. Achcha!", Sidharth said plainly.

"Tumhaari Lucky Mascot bhi hogi waha, Delhi Dinos ko cheer karne ke liye.", Said Sana.

"Huh? Sachchi? Shehnaaz hogi waha?", Exclaimed Sidharth.

"Haan..", nodded Sana looking at his twinkling eyes. Unknowingly, she felt jealous of herself since he spoke in adoration for Shehnaaz, who he never met but when it came to Sana, he treated her with respect.

He washed his hands while she still hadn't finished her food. Having caught a glance at the bag which she had given earlier, he opened it. Out came a box wrapped in a gift paper.

"Kya yeh bhi Shehnaaz ne diya hai?", He asked her who was now washing her hand.

"Haan, sab kuch bas tumhaari Shehnaaz hi karti hai na tumhaare liye.. aur toh koi khadha bhi nahi hai na uske saamne..", she said sarcastically and went upstairs.