|R.H| Staring Into Space

Start from the beginning

"Please! I don't want to go by myself and I definitely don't want to have to ask someone else to go with me, and besides, the guy thought that you were cute!" she squealed into the phone and you sighed, "When's the date?"

"Tomorrow night!"

You took a deep breath before a small smile finally tugged at your lips even though she couldn't see you. "Alright, I'm in!"

F/N cheered into the phone and you were quick to hang up before she decided to ask anymore favors. You placed your phone back into your pocket before staring up at the dark skies. "A double date......who is she talking to this time?"

Your friend had a tendency to mess with guys that were no good for her and you don't mean the typical "losers", "liars", or "cheaters". F/N ends up falling for the guys that are too bad for their own good, in and out of jail for all of the wrong reasons and definitely not husband material. Hardly even boyfriend material.

You shook your head with a small laugh, "At least it'll probably be a bit funny to watch everything go-"

*Ding*

You opened up your phone and saw that F/N had sent you a photo, your eyes widened when you saw an attractive looking guy staring back at you.

'This is your date! Cute, right?'

You turned your phone off and hummed, "Guess this will be more interesting than I thought" you mumbled with a small smile as you happily made your way back inside of your home.

It didn't take you very long, considering that you had simply been walking around the small park down the block from your house.

You opened the door up and walked inside, glancing around when you noticed that the lights were on.

"Welcome back" Ran's voice rang out from the kitchen and you playfully rolled your eyes as you locked the door behind you before making your way into his direction. "Inviting yourself in again, eh?" you questioned and he sent you his signature grin, "Well you never seem to complain"

You leaned against the kitchen counter and shrugged, "You're lucky that I enjoy your presence at times but don't push your luck" You joked and he let out a small laugh before walking over to me, standing besides me with a cup of water in his hand. "Where did you wander off to so late?"

"I was at the park"

"Doing what?"

You sighed "Nothing much.....F/N called me so honestly she just talked my ear off for the past half n hour, I guess my outing was still somewhat enjoyable" you stated and he snickered, "What now? Trying to get you to go on another date?"

A laugh left your lips. "Well you know her....."

"How many times did you have to say 'no' before she finally accepted it? I remember all 27 no's from the last time she asked you"

You glanced up at him for a moment before pushing yourself off of the counter and walking over to the fridge. "Actually I didn't say 'no' this time"

Ran felt his heart drop a little at your words, the feeling in his chest was familiar since he had felt it many other times around you. Jealousy.