Ball 4. AobaJousai

Start from the beginning

After the usual scolding from Kenji-sensei and more medications, I texted Kiyoko that I'm able to visit them and see the remainder of their match. She replied a minute later with an 'okay' and 'Karasuno is almost winning the match'.

The odd-ball duo's faces popped into my head. 'They must've been doing a job well done so far.'

I kept my phone into the pocket of my skirt and pushed the glass doors of the hospital, when I felt a rather warm hand atop mine on the handle which helped me push it.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" A musculine voice apologized behind me and immediately recoiled his hand.

I turned around and saw a guy around my age. He had brown hair that was ruffled in all the right places and brown eyes. He was wearing a uniform that consited of the colours white and teal, which looked familiar to me.

"Pardon me for asking," I smiled at the tall guy in front of me. "But are you, by chance, a member of Aoba Jousai's volleyball team?"

He widened his eyes and nodded. "Yes! How did you know?"

"Hm. Just a thought."

"You kind of look familiar to me," He muttered suddenly and I rose an eyebrow at him. "What's your name?"

"Miyazono Kaori." I introduced myself and his eyes widened again. Apparently, he gets shocked easily. 'Hmm, like Tsukki-kun.'

"Miyazono?!" He exclaimed. "It's me! Oikawa Tooru!"

I tilted my head to the side, confused, but his name rang a bell in my head. "Oikawa..?"

"We used to meet in a playground when we were kids! Iwazumi was there with us too!" He pushed more information into my head.

"Iwazumi.." I mumbled when suddenly, I remember that black haired guy. "Ah! Iwa-kun!"

He nodded frantically and I'm worried that it might come off soon. "And me..?"

"Of course I remember you, Shittykawa-kun!" I teased, emphasizing the nickname me and Iwazumi used to call him.

"Miyazono-chan! Not you too!" He pouted at me which I giggled at.

I reached up to pinch his cheeks and stretched them out. "Don't be like that, Shittykawa-kun! Cheer up!"

"A-ah! Miyazono-chan! It hurts!" He grabbed hold of my wrists and I realized at how strong his grip was.

I took back one of my arm and poked his abdomen suspiciously. It was rock hard.

"Hm? What are you doing?" He asked, still not letring go of my wrist.

"You grew taller and kind of bulkier, huh?" I said, poking more into his stomach and sides. He wasn't ticklish anymore.

"Of course I did!" He puffed out his chest and bragged. "And all of that came from years of hard work!"

I hummed and recoiled back my finger. "I'm going to your school now actually. If you haven't heard, your volleyball team and Karasuno is having a match right now."

"Oh right!" He suddenly dragged me into the sidewalk and signaled out a hand for an oncoming taxi. "I was supposed to go there too!"

Once we were in the taxi, he told the driver our destination and I saw spark of realization in his eyes.

"Wait! How did you know Karasuno?" He asked.

"I attend their school and I met them during one of their practices." I answered plainly.

"Ahh," He nodded, then pouted once again. "You could've come to our school, y'know."

"Well, I didn't know you were in it!"

"Oh,"

----------

"Miyazono-chan!" Suga called out for me once I and Oikawa entered their gym. I excused myself from him and headed towards Suga and Kiyoko.

Before I got the chance to speak, Kiyoko cut me off.

"Why were you with one of their members?"

She sounded angry at me, but her face doesn't show it. But Suga does.

"I..uh, we met at some place." I lied at them and they frowned. "O-outside the school!"

"Do you guys know each other?" Suga asked next, crossing his arms at me.

"Yeah, when we were kids."

"When you moved out?" Kiyoko sounded distant this time, and I'm wondering at how easily she changes her tone of voice.

"Mhm."

Suga stared at the both of us in confusion, but I was as confused as him too.

Why is Kiyoko acting like this?

"U-uhm," Suga cleared his throat for both of our attention. "The match is still going on. How about we watch how they do?"

I nodded, not facing him one bit, and walked away from Kiyoko's view. I don't know why, but I was feeling kind of uncomfortable around her today.

Regardless that, Suga was mad at me for being with Oikawa.

'What are they against me about?'

A/N: I'm also changing a little bit of Kaori's background.