"What did you mean again... when you grabbed me and said I hate this...?" I ask her, feeling like there should be a crystal ball between us.

"He killed you to come back to me," Aelia says, sharply, "You hate that. What's more. You hate this time. I would also hate, to return, hundreds of years into the past from what I know now. Believe me, I see your pain and I feel your haunted soul. You must forgive him, to love him fully, perhaps you can forgive him, when you are a woman again and only a woman... back where you belong."

"In this deal, I lose immortality," I point out, raising a brow.

"...so you want to live forever more than you want to return to your family–"

"No," I gulp in my admission, "I do hate this. I preferred being a mortal."

"Please think about this quickly, I can break this curse tonight," Aelia nods sharply, "And I won't have to kill you."

"What will you do?" I ask, blinking, "To break my curse?"

"You just need a wish, a forbidden item, and a pond to walk into," Aelia puts out her hand, "Wait... wait here while I fetch you something strange yet familiar," she turns around and she disappears into her wagon.

As I wait, I just hope Aelia doesn't pull out a gun and kill me.

Instead, the gypsy woman returns holding a small item.

A tiny device.

My phone.

"From when you appeared in our time, you were clutching this," Aelia murmurs, as she shows it to me.

I take it from her immediately, like retrieving a lost limb.

I don't know why such an enormous feeling would crush me seeing my mobile, but in this time, I am overwhelmed. I clutch it to my chest, silently crying, keeping in any noise, just letting the tears flow.

"I miss my family and friends," I admit, gasping out, "They must be going crazy wondering where I am... but I love him. Aelia... if... I do this. Will he even remember me," my face loses it's expression, as I look from the phone, back to her eyes, "What if he forgets me, centuries in between?"

"If you believe he loves you too," Aelia nods, promising, "His soul will find yours again."

As I hold my phone back to my chest, I really let this idea sink in.

I don't think it's a trap, I believe her.

Especially when I hold this impossible device, in this time period. I... I think I've made my decision.

I reach for the ring on my hand, I start to twist it.

Aelia stops me, shaking her head, "No," she whispers, "You can keep it."

I nod, "...but can I say goodbye..." I murmur, "Please."

"Claudius is a domineering man, he won't listen after your wedding day together, only we can make this happen," Aelia explains, stony, "You and I both know, this is the only way."

"...were you inside the owl... watching over him... when I was cleaning that mansion... do you remember that... in this time, even though that means you never died... I don't know how you could remember but..." I'm curious.

"I saw everything, I dream of flying and hunting in that time," Aelia admits in a whisper, in pain, "...I saw him falling in love with you... so I know it's true... he loves us both."

She solidifies it.

"Okay. I agree. I'm going home," I finally choose, "And assuming all is well, he will be there, waiting for me," I add, "...I don't belong here..."

Aelia's eyes sparkle with intense relief, she can't hold in her emotion, so she grabs both my cheeks and kisses me on the lips, a farewell.

It's just a peck, but she holds my face back, squishing my cheeks she gives me a half smile, "...thank you Alexandra... for giving me this chance to love him again..." I nod awkwardly, but Aelia quickly reaches down and swipes up my hand within hers, "Come," she tugs me along, "Let's get you home."

We walk together, once enemies, now steadfast friends over our love for Fontaine.

But this... this was making the wrongs right.

I walk with her over the hills, to the pond at the rowboat.

We stand in the mud, looking in at the freezing water, as fog lifts and fills the air.

"How will I know, that it will take me home?" I ask, as her hand slips from mine.

"Your heart lies in your homeland, here, just not in this time – Claudius sacrificed you to come back for me," Aelia says this firmly, "This... makes it all balanced. You will not feel animosity when you see him again. No anger. No betrayal. You'll start fresh. Love anew."

"He is an immortal incubus," I remind her, "...he will still be sex mad... no doubt... and just a little demonic... always hungry... always searching for female submission."

"It's a heavy burden to bare, I know," Aelia is lightly sarcastic and amused as she smiles, "...farewell... Alix..."

I turn from the gypsy Claudius first loved, to face the pond's reflection.

All I had to do was walk in, all the way, make a wish, hold my phone tight. It was easy.

I take the first step.

Then a second.

Then a third...

I close my eyes as I walk further and further into the freezing water, ready to make my wish.

Claudius Fontaine... I'm sorry... but I'll see you on the other side.

Back in my time, back home, where I belong.