Chapter 21: dreams

Two days had passed, and everything was going smoothly.

"Lucas!" You shouted for the ravenette.

Footsteps quickly approached you. His head poking out from behind the door frame.

"Yes?"

"We need more detergent," you said, shaking the empty container.

He nodded his head as he walked back to the kitchen. The two of you decided to make a quick sweep of the house, picking out things that needed to be restocked.

"Oh, and while you're at it, put some (favorite drink) down on the list. I've been having some major cravings."

Lucas just nodded his head as his pen scribbled down on the paper. After the whole baking fiasco, the two of you had gotten along so much better. He didn't even have to ask for kisses anymore as you would just surprise him. It was pure bliss!

"You alright?" You asked staring at his blank face.

He jumped at your sudden presence, snapping out of his thoughts. His head quickly nodded. You just laughed.

"Well, you should probably get going, I head the weather is supposed to take a turn later," you said with a soft smile.

"Okay," Lucas mumbled, finishing up the list.

You walked with him over to the door, giving him a hug and kiss goodbye.

"See ya in a little bit," you said with a smile before he walked out the door.

After you heard the click of the door being locked from the outside you went to the bedroom. You curled up under the covers, closing your eyes. Now was a prime time for a nap.

.....

"Alex, dude, she's been missing for weeks. You're not gonna find her," a teen boy said to his blond companion.

"No, no, you're wrong! I know she's somewhere out there. I know Adam has something to do with this," Alex sighed, typing away on his computer.

"I know you miss her, but it's been too long. All police searches have been called off. I mean, even her own family is losing hope...it's time to move on."

"No!" Alex shouted, grabbing a water bottle from his desk and chucking it at his friend.
"Get out!"

His friend ducked his head before swiftly exiting his home. Alex took deep breaths as he closed his eyes. He was going to find you, no matter what.

.....

It was dark, really dark. The constant echo of water hitting the door could be heard. You squinted your eyes at the darkness. You yelped at the sound of tiny scurrying feet running across the floor. The squeak of a mouse causing you more fright.

"....h...."

Your head snapped in the direction of a faint voice.

"Hello?" You called out, fumbling around in the darkness.

"How...could..you..?" The mysterious voice called back.

"Huh?" You hummed, stopping dead in your tracks.
"What do you mean?"

"How could you!" The voice shouted.

Just then, the lights came on. The deformed corpse jumped at you, roughly grabbing your biceps.

"How dare you let this happen to me you bitch!" The corpse cried, pushing you to the ground.

You screamed as your head collided with the concrete. Your breath being caught in your throat as cold, dry hands wrapped around your neck.

"If I'm going down, you're coming with me!"

You clawed are the decomposing flesh, trying to call for help.

"Look at what he did to me! This is all your fault! I'll fucking kill you!"

His jaw began to fall away from his head, landing on your collarbone. You screamed as best you could.

"Fucking die!"

.....

You jumped awake at the nightmare. Screaming as you shot up. You held your neck, breathing in rapidly. Tears began to pool in your eyes as you lost control of your breathing.

No, it wasn't your fault! He was hurting you! He deserved it!

The sound of the front door opening fell deaf upon your ears as you continued to wail and cry. Heavy, quickly footsteps approached the bedroom. Lucas came stumbling in, rushing to the bed. He wrapped his arms around your quivering form, patting your hair down.

"I-It wasn't my fault!" You cried.
"I'm not a bad person!"

Lucas tried to shush you, but your hysteria continued.

"He deserved it! He hurt me!"

Your teary eyes looked up at Lucas' very concerned ones. You gripped the front of his shirt.

"He hurt me Lucas. I'm not the one to blame!"

Lucas kept his mouth shut, but nodded his head. He rocked you back and forth as he gently ran his fingers through your hair.

"I'm not a bad person," you sniffled, finally beginning to catch your breath.

"W-whats wrong?" Lucas finally piped up.

Once again, you stared up at him with teary eyes.

"Adam...I had a dream. He tried to kill me. He said it was my fault," you cried.

"I-it wasn't your f-fault," Lucas cooed, rocking you still.

The two of you sat in silence for quite some time, your occasional sniffle breaking it.

"I was so scared," he heard you mumbled as you hugged him.
"I thought I was gonna die."

"I w-will always be here to p-protect y-you," Lucas spoke in a comforting tone.
"I'll never l-let anyone h-hurt you."

There was a pause before you spoke up.

"Do you promise?"

He just nodded his head as he stared at you. He hated seeing you so scared. He brushed a thumb across your cheek, wiping away the tears. You just gave him a weak grin before leaning up towards him. You captured his lips with yours, kissing him gently. He quickly kissed back. The two of you gave one another a gentle kiss before pulling away.

"I l-love you," Lucas mumbled.

He looked at you, waiting for an answer. He watched as you nodded your head.

"Yeah, I love you too."

..............

😦 dawg, I surprised myself at the end. What a twist. Anyway, how are all my sugar babies doing? Sorry for the wait, I don't really have a reason for it other than I haven't felt like writing lol. Anyway, merry early Christmas baba grills😘

Me whenever I see a man 30+ years older than me: