Chapter 18: The start of something terrible

"B-but why?!"

"Lucas," you quietly spoke.
"You promised."

His heart clenched as your big (e/c) eyes stared up at him. He sucked in a breath as he closed his eyes.

You promised

"O-okay."

A small smile crept onto your face as you ate (favorite food) on Lucas' bed. He'd given you a fuzzy blanket and cooked you a meal.

"C-can I still k-keep t-them?" He asked, glancing at his walls.

"No."

He chewed on his lip as he traced your face in one of the pictures.

"J-just one."

You sighed.

"Only one."

And so the long and tedious process of cleaning off his walls began. A few tears were shed by the poor boy as he tossed all his work in the trash. All the while you couldn't have been more content. Your stomach was full, and you were all warm and wrapped in a blanket. Half way through the process is when you began to drift off to sleep. The last thing you remember being Lucas shoving a photo into his pocket.

. . .

Oh how cute. It made his heart flutter in a sickly sweet way. It almost made him forget about the sad process of getting rid of his photos.

"(Y/n)?" He whispered.

You didn't respond. He tried again, but when you didn't answer he sighed. With a small smile he sat on the edge of the bed. Every so gently, he caressed you hair. He almost passed out when you unconsciously leaned into his touch.

"I-I love you s-so much," he whispered, tears welling up in his eyes.
"Y-you don't know how m-much I-I do."

He knew it was wrong. He felt awful for doing it, but he couldn't help it. You just looked so beautiful, it was almost as if he had no control of himself. Tears dripped onto your flushed cheeks as his lips connected with yours.

He was so happy.

He pulled away after a moment, cupping your cheek in his hand. He swiped his thumb over his fallen tears, wiping them away. He gave you one last peck before continuing on with his promise.

. . .

Everything felt fuzzy. Your vision slightly blurry as you opened your eyes. It was relatively dark in the room. You froze when you felt an arm tighten around your waist. You glanced over your shoulder, and was met with Lucas' face. His nose scrunched up a bit as a strand of your hair tickled it. After that he just looked....peaceful. His calmness gave you a sense of security in some fucked up way. However, that didn't stop you from pulling away.

"No."

The sound of his voice stopped you.

"I need to use the bathroom," you whispered, scared to move for some reason.

"Mmhmm," He hummed, letting you go, and continuing to sleep.

You carefully crawled out of bed, cautious as to not make any noise. A smile plastered itself on your face as you glanced around the room. Not a single picture of you was in sight. A relieved sigh escaped your lips as you exited the room, quickly rushing to the bathroom.

. . .

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry," you cried, emotions in a hot mess.

You cried as Lucas stood on the opposite side of the bed, staring at his mattress.

"I-it's not your f-fault," he replied cooly.

You just shook your head. You didn't know why you felt bad. He was a bad person, so why did you feel bad for bleeding on his sheets?!

"I know but still," you sniffled.

"I-I should've bought y-you stuff," Lucas said as he slowly made his way around the bed to you.

You hugged yourself tight, the guilt almost overbearing. You began to tear up again as his arm wrapped around your shoulders, pulling you in.

"It's okay."

You just cried and leaned against him. You felt dirty for feeling comforted. It's insane really! Being comforted by your kidnapper.

Ha! What a fucked up world we live in.

"I'll g-get you a change o-of clothes. C-could you please s-start the laundry?" Lucas asked, pulling away from you.

You nodded your head, wiping your tears away, as you removed his sheets from the mattress. You carried the soiled sheets down the hallway, and into the laundry room. Flicking on the switch, you were nearly blinded by the light. You exhaled out of your nose, displeased by the rude awakening. Quickly, you stuffed the sheets into the washer, filling it with detergent, and turning it on.

"The sheets are started," you spoke, quietly.

You shuffled out of the laundry room, and plopped down on the couch. You curled into yourself, the feeling of someone "stabbing" you right in the gut with a dull knife causing you to do so. You exhaled through your nose at the pain, and concentrated on your breathing. Tears still gently streamed down your cheeks. The cramp soon passed and you relaxed your head on the back of the sofa. Your eyelids drooped a bit, but slowly opened up when you heard footsteps approaching.

"I-I got you some c-clothes."

Lucas outstretched a hand towards you, his fist wrapped securely around the clothing. You stood up slowly, taking the articles from his grasp.

"Thanks," you said, walking off to the bedroom.

You closed the door behind you, and began stripping. Before you knew it you were fully nude, and standing in the middle of Lucas' room. It felt a little more "homey" since he removed all the photographs. You could somewhat handle being stuck in here now. You slipped on the pair of red boxers, followed by a pair of...a pair of purple sweatpants!! Finally some damn pants! Lastly, you slipped on an old AC/DC band T-shirt. You sighed in pure bliss at the comfort of the outfit. Almost enough to stop the crying. Quietly, you made your way out of the room, stopping by the bathroom to grab some Tylenol. A questioning look crossed your face when you entered the living room. Lucas was sat on the couch, breaths slowly and steady as he slept. The ghost of a smile tugged at your face as you neared the couch,

Curling up next to the teen.

. . .

Lol don't you just love having a mental breakdown because you miss your sister who moved off to college, me too🤪😭. 

Anyways, I painted Medusa because why not.